27 (Settling in Sindria -Meeting -And They were Business Partners

~POV Mori~

One thing lead to another and I found myself leading King Sinbad and Ja'far to my room. The conversation had shifted from the expectations for me as Sindria's Prophet to preparing for the war with Magnostadt in 2 years.

I b-lined for where I was storing the flight scroll while the other 2 entered behind me. When I turned around, both were staring down at the table -or rather, staring at the Fate scrolls that I had left drying on it. "I- uh -I had some time so figured I should write down more of your past." I know they seemed fine and even interested when I showed them the first scroll, but that didn't mean seeing their pasts written out like this wouldn't make them uncomfortable... especially considering some of parts I drew.

King Sinbad continued to look down at the scrolls. "You drew Mystras." I hadn't gotten anywhere near writing the Fall of First Sindria so I hadn't been thinking about how seeing this might affect them.

" I hadn't gotten anywhere near writing the Fall of First Sindria so I hadn't been thinking about how seeing this might affect them

Ja'far froze as his gaze moved farther down the scroll. "You drew our time in the Valley of the Dead." He turned to me with betrayal in his eyes. "Why did you draw this part??"

I had no excuse, but did have the truth. "Because it was funny."

The General made a pained sound, and Sinbad chuckled at the two of us.

"So anyway," I pulled us back to the reason we came here, "This is the scroll I mentioned." I walked over to the table and pushed the other two scrolls out of the way for this one. "This is how to fly without magic. I'm not sure how flying magic works, but hopefully the magicians can use this information."

King Sinbad skimmed the scroll before asking, "Which of these machines are the ones you said Riem will have?"

I pointed. "This one. They will have small blimps. I don't know the specific materials they will use to make them though. Regardless, this type isn't ideal for combat since if they are too close to the ground they make easy targets, they move fairly slowly, and if the balloon portion gets damage it will fall from the sky. However, this world doesn't have functioning engines yet, so this might be the most advanced flying machine that can be made for a while -at least without magic."

After a minute of reading, Sinbad commented, "It uses fire like Kou's sky lanterns." Ancient China had sky lanterns around 200 AD/CE so it made sense that Kou would have them too.

I stepped back as the two kept reading. "Yes. They use the same sciences."

Sinbad hummed. "Admittedly, I've never seen the sky lanterns in person, so I'm not sure how much I believe it."

Ja'far looked up from the scroll and asked, "How long would it take to make a prototype?"

That question and my answer of, "I don't know how long a blimp prototype would take, but I made sky lanterns when I was a kid. That can be done easily in under an hour," had all three of us heading to the Black Libra Tower.