1. "rat posion in his coffee"

Brielle

you know one thing I hate? rude customers. I get paid a dollar more than minimum wage, greet you with a smile and a nice attitude then you yell at me when I tell you there's a wait or give you the wrong order. I would be nicer to someone who could poison your food.

Not like I would ever try to poison someone's food. Unless they were being really rude. Then the rat poison we have in the back might come in handy.

I wipe off the table making sure to get the edges and bottom of the table. I once went to a dinner in the next town over and I touched the bottom and it was all sticky and probably moldy.

I definitely got sick from that.

From that moment on I've always made sure to get the edges.

The clock on the wall said it was 4:30 pm. I have one more hour before I can go home.

I dread that part the most.

I've come here to work. I'm happy. At home, If you could even call it that, it's the opposite of happy.

My dad gets drunk almost every night and I have to be home before 6: 30 to cook dinner or I get hit.

I know it's not his fault though. It's mine. It was my fault my mom died. If I had been home when the intruders came she wouldn't have been hurt.

I could of helped her

Except I wasn't there. I shouldn't have made plans to go out that day.

It was all my fault.

The bell from the door rings, interrupting my thoughts. I look over ready to greet the person.

He had to be at least 6 ft 3. He had a black button down shirt with the first 3 buttons undone. He had a blazer thrown and his hair looked thick and was black. I couldn't see his face much since the hair covering his face all the way to his eyelashes. Which were thicker than mine.

Lucky duck.

"Are you going to continue staring at me, or do your job and take my order?" he says in a harsh tone, his voice deep and sturdy.

Of course he has a horrible personality. I should put rat poison in his food.

I quirk an eyebrow up, "don't flatter yourself, you look like you just stepped out of a mud pit" that was a lie. He looked perfectly clean.

I walk over to the cash register and pull out my notepad, I look up and find his eyes on me, "what may I get you to start with today?" I ask in a nice tone, which I doubt he could even speak in.

"Black coffee and a donut." I nod my head and head to the coffee pot.

"If you're not going to write it down, why even pull out your notepad?"

I'm definitely putting rat poison in his food.

Ignoring him I go into the back with his cup to get more coffee powder. I look at the poison and think about it. A drop wouldn't hurt. I grab it and grab a syringe. Taking barley in it and putting less than a drop in the cup.

Walking out with the powder I start making the coffee.

Did I really put rat poison in his coffee? Yes, yes I did. I'll probably have no regrets.

Putting it back on the machine heater, I hand him his coffee and grab a glazed donut and give it to him.

"4.50 please"

He sits down at the counter seats and pulls out a ten dollar bill. I break the change and hand it back to him. He takes a sip of his coffee and I fight a smirk.

I'm mentally deranged.

He doesn't make a face and continues to sip it. I started to walk away.

"This is good, what's in it?" he asks, gulping down enough sips.

I fight the smirk coming onto my face. "I have no idea," I responded. I walk away and make my way to the next customer. I have no idea where my coworkers went. Last time he said he was on a break. That was 45 minutes ago.

After I get done with the next customer they take their order to go. I attempt to walk to the back.

"What's your name?" He asks me to watch closely. There's no one else in this room, so he could kill me and no one would know.

"Brielle" I say, stopping in my tracks.

"Your full name"

I raise my eyebrow.

"Brielle ivy miller" I start, "what's yours?"

"Carlos" I give him a pointed glare. There's a few seconds of silence

"Carlos Lorenzo Romano" he says at last.

Long name.

"My first name isn't long," he states.

Oh, did I say that out loud. Woops

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" I am attempting to change the subject.

"No." He slides the change I gave him towards me and walks out.

Okay.

*time skip*

I serve the last customer before I get off. I make sure to give them a little more food than usual so they would take longer. It's five minutes past the time I get off when they ask for their ticket. I give it to them and they leave me a 10 dollar tip. I smiled and put the bill money in the cash register.

I grab my tote bag and head out. On the way out I ran into my co-worker.

"You were gone for a while" I say jokingly.

"Yeah sorry I went to the bathroom" he says with a light smile and walks away.

My mouth Slightly drops.

Okay.

I walk fully out of the building and start walking down the road. The sun is just setting and the street lights are just starting to turn on.

Sunsets are overrated. They're pretty and all but I think the real beauty is in starry nights. Thousands of little lights lighting up the galaxy.

I make my way to the alleyway to my house. The alleyway was dirty and had rats living in the edges and sewer cats growling at you. I always try to feed them any food I can spare.

I unlock the door and walk in. My house smells like beer and drugs. I can't remember what it used to smell like before death but I know it didn't smell like this.

I hear my father in his room so I hurry to my bedroom throwing my bag on the floor, then rush back to the kitchen.

Putting one of those heat up meals on the stove.

My dad once caught me taking it out of the microwave. I couldn't walk without limping for at least 2 weeks.

It heats up fast and I take two bites to make sure it's not too hot. It's just right, exactly the way he wants it. I put it on the table and pour a cup of cold water with 3 ice cubes in it.

He comes out just as I'm setting his drink on the table. He sits down and I start making my Ramen.

"Hurry the fuck up, you making me lose my appetite" I nod and take my Ramen out of the microwave a few seconds early. I speed walk out of the kitchen and into my bedroom.

Sitting on my bed I grab my plasticware out of my pocket. I change out of clothes, throwing on an oversized t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I plop down on my bed.

I just start taking a bite when my bedroom door opens.

I look up just as the blow hits me. He starts kicking me on the ground "stupid bitch" another kick. "Can't even remember to give me silverware" another blow, this time at my face.

I taste the blood before I feel it.

I can't understand anything he's saying all I heat is my head pounding

I feel another blow on my face before it all goes black.