5. "i feel safe with you"

Brielle

(It's the next day)

I twist and turn in the covers trying to shield my eyes from the light that pours in the window.

I grab my phone of the floor reaching down the gap between my bed and wall.

I scroll through the notifications, Carlos texted me.

Carlo👹: are you busy today 8:42am

I text him back.

Brielle: if you give me the 50 dollars I'm going to be missing out of my paycheck if i I in sick for work. 9:13

Carlo👹: k. I'll pick you up at the same spot I dropped you off at, be ready by 9:45. 9:14

Brielle: k 9:15

I turn off my phone and stand up.

I grab a pair of baggy jeans and a long sports bra, undies and a zip up jacket crop top.

I head towards the bathroom and turn on the water on the lowest setting.

My bodywash smells like cookies.

I finger detangle my hair and stop the water.

I get dressed and wrap my hair in a towel.

I stare at myself in the mirror.

I look so ugly.

I brush my teeth and wash my face. Applying mascara and chap stick. I put my hair in a claw clip and out rings on.

I clean up and walk back to my room, grabbing my essentials I grab my shoes and socks, and head to kitchen.

I put the Eggo waffles in the toaster and grab the syrup, cut up strawberries and the plate and silverware.

I put it all on the table, hearing my dad wake up. He walks out of his room and sees me.

"Be home by 8, no later no earlier"
I nod my head and walk out.

I open up my phone and see it's 9:40.
I walk down the block to the stop sign he dropped me off at. I lean against the pole and wait for his car.

After a few minutes I see his car coming down the road. His car comes to a stop. I walk down the street.

He reaches his head out of his car "Tesoro where are you going?"
[Darling]

I turn my head back around laughing.

He shakes his head and sits back down properly.

I walk to his car and get in.

"Okay where are we going this time?"

"I have no idea"

"Okay" I say trying to think of a conversation to start.

"I never learned how to drive. I tried to one time and ended up running it into a lake."

"How did u manage to make it into a lake."

"I forgot which one was the gas and brake"

"You want to practice?" He looked over at me a little. Which on him was incredibly hot.

"I just told you how I drove a car in a lake, and you want me to try to drive this car"

"Not this one exactly, I have extras in my parking garage floor."

"Extra? How has extra cars just lying around."

"I do, i have enough money and I don't know what to do with all of it."