3. nightmare

I lay on the bed closing my eyes. my body still aches but I ignore it. I've gotten used to ignoring pain. I'm surprised I even feel it anymore. I can't even be upset. I deserve all of it. My eyelids become heavy as I drift off to sleep.

I walk through the door with a smile on my face, locking the door behind me.

"Mom, you won't believe what kind of night I've had, at the party r-" my voice cuts off as I turn around.

That's when I saw it.

My mom's body on the floor blood drained out of her, her normal tan skin now pale, her normal bright eyes look dry. I rush over to her and feel the tears roll down my face. I hold her in my arms begging her to say something or blink. I look around the house and notice stuff broken and missing. I see one of the windows has shattered. and blood on the edges most likely where they had cut themselves. I check my mother's pulse and feel nothing.

"m-momma please" my breath is shaky, my body tacks from the sobs that come out of me. My eyes blur from the tears and the mascara getting in my eyes.

I hear the door open and see my dad come in, he takes in the scene. his face breaks and he rush over. He drops down to his knees, his body already from the sobs.

"What happened?" he sobs.

I curl up "I-I I don't know" I sob. "I just got home"

He nods and I remember to call the police, i I rush over to the phone and dial the number

"911 what's your emergency" the operator says.

"H-hello my mom is on the floor and b-bleeding, she was like this when I got home, I checked her p-pulse and there was n-nothing" I say as quick as I can my voice breaking.

"What's your name sweetie"

"Brianna Elle Miller"

"okay"

"What's your address and do you know what happened?"

"No but my address is 1234 fake lane"

"Okay, authorities are on their way, how old are you?"

"Nineteen"

"Nineteen?" she asks.

"Yea"

"Is there anybody else in the room with you other than your mom" I look at my dad.

"Yes, my father is holding mamas' body"

"Okay the police will be there any minute, is there any way you can stop the bleeding?"

"Yeah" I run to the bathroom and grab a black towel, once mama comes back, she would be upset if I used the white one. I ran back to the room and put the towel to her head and upper ribs and applied pressure.

"I got a towel and am applying pressure." my father sobs rake through the house making the walls echo it.

"Okay good, what that noise is that your mother?"

"No, that's my father."

The police come through the door and so do the emergency responders. The policemen lead us outside to their car making sure we don't see the body being pulled out on a stroller.

I wake up in a sweat and sit up abruptly, my forehead drenched in sweat. I reach up to wipe it off but flinch in pain. I fall back onto the bed a little too roughly. I shrug off my shirt so I'm only in my sports bra and pajama shorts. I look out the window staring at the tree, its branches moving slowly from the window. The night sky was dotted with stars and the moon was crescent tonight. I could stare at the sky for hours at a time. The way the stars light up the sky is simply enchanting.

I doze off thinking of the sky. No more nightmares that night.

The sun glares through the blinds. I roll around stuffing my face in my pillow. It's only about 7am and the sun is just rising right above the horizon.

I open my curtains then my blinds. Letting the sun hit my face I close my eyes. I could stay like this forever.

I honestly need to get out in the sun more. I'm starting to look like a Tim burton character. The bags under my eyes are getting heavier, my hair getting thin and stringy. Except they can pull off the whole looking dead look. I for one can't.

I sit up and stretch my back trying to ignore the pains. I put my legs in butterfly position and stretch my back that way.

I read somewhere that stretching helps body aches and bruises. Groaning in pain, I stand up. I'm wearing a baby blue crewneck with a small daisy on it, it reads the words oopsie daisies on it. It's my favorite shirt ever. My shorts were black and fuzzy with a bow in the middle of the waist band. I open my dresser and pull out a gray crop top with dark green shoulders and a pair of joggers to match. I put on my shoes and grab my phone, tote bag, and my wallet. I walk over to vanity and brush my hair putting a tiny bit of detangler in it. I put it in my claw clip, which is the same color green as my other clothes. I love green, it's not my favorite color though.

I walk out of my room slowly making sure not to step on any part of the floor that might be creaky. I rush to the kitchen and grab the pancake mix following the instructions. I pour the batter onto the pan and grab a spatula. I wait a few minutes before flipping it over.

A few minutes later I put the pancakes on the plate and made some coffee. I hear my dad waking up so I rush to pour it and spill a little. I wipe it off with my arm and set down everything on the table.

I grab my keys off the table and rush out the door. Father doesn't like me in the house when he wakes up.

My favorite colors are lavender and orange, different but pretty.

I never knew why they were my favorite. I would never wear them together in an outfit though.

There was a new crack forming in the pavement. I steal some dirt from the grass and spread it out in the crack. Continuing my walk I start skipping a little. Skipping makes life funnier. It's like you're happy when you're truly not.

I open the door to the library and wave to the librarian. She's new. The old one was an old man with long white hair and a short beard. Hopefully he didn't die. I was never close to him but he gave me cookies one time. I walk towards the romance section and pick the first book that comes to my attention. I plop down on the couch that's near a fireplace. I like reading sometimes. The flower shop is closed on Sundays so I wouldn't go there. I love flowers, except for roses. They get shown off so much they've become ugly. I like tulips and wildflower bouquets more.

My eyes skim through the pages of the book. I could read for hours if I was into the book enough. 

I sink further down into the couch.  I continue reading, the book is about two people who hate each other but their siblings who are married get sick and can't go on their honeymoon, so they have to go. It's interesting so far. 

Ethan Thomas kind of reminds me of Carlos the guy from my job. 

AUTHORS NOTE 

This is a really bad part, and it took me like a month to write Haha. I hope you know what book i was refencing.

anyways the dramatic flashback was a plus. 

xxx, please vote and comment, I would really appreciate it and I really want your actual thoughts no sugar cotes.