Eventful Morning

Mirabel woke up to baby crying. Yawning she got up, put on her glasses, and to her Primo Antonio's crib picking him up. "What's wrong Tonito?" She asks him as she cradles him. Antonio was looking at the open bird cage in the room and crying while pointing to it. Mirabel can't help the soft smile as she takes the toddler to her bed and sat him in her lap.

It's okay Tonito, Fuego's going to be back soon. We can't keep him in the cage all day that would be mean," Antonio didn't understand and keeps pointing at the cage. "Bing ack bird!" He was u

demands. The little toddler had quickly gotten attached the Fuego upon Mirabel's return and even Mirabel herself.
That was no surprise the village had come to adore her rather quickly. The children hung on her every word as she told them stories of the world outside the mountains. Antonio heard all of these stories and he adored them and since Mirabel had spent most, if not all, of her summer watching over him he had started calling her "mama Mira," it was adorable with Pepa and Felix finding it even cuter when he started calling Pepa "mama Peppy" no one corrected him, it was just too cute in their eyes.

"Birdie!" He cries. "Oh it's okay Tonito. Here I'll call her back, but you need to understand that all animals need to be free. I can't just keep her locked in a cage," She explains, but the young boy just nodded along and might not really understand her message.

She got up and calls for her bird. Fuego returns within minutes and carried letters with her. "Thanks Fuego," she said as she sat down on her bed with Antonio and looks through them. Antonio giggles and plays with Fuego who squawks in protest at his pulling of feathers.

"Be nice to him Tonito," Mirabel said as she brings her Primo to her side and reads the letters.

All of them are from her friends, Ron, Hermione, Neville, and Draco. Draco sent her letters the most consistently and asked about her family a lot. She answered vaguely and only really gave clear answers about what was going on in her life and how her family were the leaders in their village and magical.

She opens his letter and frowns seeing he had asked her to go with him to Diagon Alley when shopping for school supplies this year.

She grimaces at the very suggestion. Draco's nice and all, but she's not exactly fond of his father. She only met him briefly once and thanks to Camilo she probably did not make a good impression.

Next she reads the one from Hermione who mentioned she was going to a book signing of a wizard crush she had. Mirabel hopes she doesn't get her hurt crushed too bad, from watching her older sisters and Prima she knows how it looks to be crushed by your crush.

Next Ron was begging for her to send her Mami's recipes, but they were family secrets.

Neville sent a long letter complaining about his grandmother being over bearing and how much he misses her and the others.

Mirabel frowns when she sees Harry didn't send her anything, something he has lacked to do all summer despite her efforts.

Finally she gets to her last letter from Professor Mcgonagall. Opening it she reads.

"Dear Mirabel, I am informing you in advance that later tonight I shall be attending a dinner with your family before we leave on our trip to gather your school supplies in advance before you spend the rest of your summer with your family. I hope to hear you have been up to date on homework and have not gotten into any magical mischief as this would put you enrolment in direct danger. Also I would like you to reply back soon as possible. I would like to know if your family is aware of last years events,"