Mr. Jackson

Michael looks down and then grabs my arm, pulling me closer to him. He kisses me on my cheek.

"I love you. Now get some clothes on so we can go to sleep." He says.

Im surprised by his reaction and I bite my lip. "But..."

"You think because you come to me naked Im not gonna be able to say no to you? You're persuasive darling, but not that persuasive." He takes his shirt off. "But it is a great way to distract me."

I put my pajamas on and get into bed. Michael gets behind me, nuzzling his head into my neck and turns the lights off.

                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next day warmer than usual. When I get the feeling back in my body, I realize that is because my husband actually slept with me tonight. Im surprised he made it through the whole night. I lay with him for a moment. Last night left me feeling so weird. Vulnerable, helpless, but also, free. I came to realize my place in all of this, and I feel better knowing I dont have to fight all of the time. I run my hand over his and sigh. Laying here with him is great. I never thought I could feel great being around him, considering everything that has happened. I feel him stir behind me and he nuzzles his face into my neck once again, making me giggle.

"Im glad you're awake. I'm hungry." He says, kissing my neck.

"You want me to make you some breakfast?" I ask.

"No. I want you to join me for breakfast." He says, sliding out of bed.

I sit up, toussling my hair and fixing my pajamas which have turned every which way in my slumber.

"You dont have to change. Come." He holds out his hand.

I take his hand and we walk downstairs to the kitchen. His chef has already fixed us some food. We sit at the table and eat in silence. I pick at my food a little bit.

"Eat. You need the energy today." Michael tells me.

"I'm full." I say, picking with my food.

"Well that's a waste." He wipes off his mouth. "I'm going with you to your agency today." He says.

My eyes get wide. "Why?" I ask.

He looks at me. "Why? Is there any reason why I shouldnt be visiting you at work? You got a boyfriend over there?"

I put my head down. "Of course not, it's just..."

"Just nothing. I want to make sure Im paying for the best possible services for my wife. Hurry up or we will be late." He says, throwing our plates away.

I shower quickly in the spare bathroom. Why does he want to visit me at work? He wants to watch me. He wants to know what I actually do there. I wonder if he knows about Jason.

We drive to the agency and Rhonda smiles when she sees me.

"Hello Esmeralda!" She says excitedly.

She sees Michael and her smile drops a little. "Mr. Jackson. Glad to see you too."

"Mhm." He says, grabbing my hand. "So don't let me interrupt. Do what you would usually do here."

She smiles and nods. "Esme come this way. We can get you started on some exercises."

Michael lets go of my hand finally and I go into the back room where we do exercises.

"So when is the movie deal?" I hear Michael ask Rhonda.