RIO

Michael helps me get into the car after I'm discharged.

"Thank you." I say, feeling less sore than yesterday.

He gets in the car beside me. "You have all of your medicine right?"

I nod.

"And they gave you the number to your physical therapist and your psychologist, right?" He asks.

I nod again.

"They're giving you another four days to get your statement together. Hopefully everything comes back to you before then." He says as we pull out.

I stay silent as we pull off, letting him basically letting him talk to himself.

"We're gonna have to stay in a hotel until we can get this situation sorted out about Neverland." He realizes that I'm not talking to him and he looks at me, holding my hand. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asks.

I sigh. "Michael, I asked you to worry about only us. I told you to let them do their jobs and for you to not stress about it. I woke up this morning to you arguing with the investigator. As if he wasn't doing his job correctly. Whoever my kidnapper is, he is very smart. He wants to keep us from catching him and he wants to keep everyone from knowing the truth. It's stressful. All of this is stressful! An entire section of my life has been erased from my memory and truth be told, I wish I didn't have to remember it at all! My life would be so much easier if I didn't have this terrible experience coming back to me in flashes, but it is. I have to deal with that, I have to deal with these injuries, I have to deal with some crazy guy running free after assaulting me, I have to deal with the media, my movie probably being cancelled and I have to deal with being pregnant. Do you think any of this is good for the baby? I told you to chill for our sake, because if you're worried, it makes me worried. I just asked you to do one thing Michael! I'm scared as hell about all of this! I was kidnapped and tortured for days! But I can't allow myself to live in fear because of the baby. People have miscarried due to stress. This is the only thing I have going for me right now. This family. I need for us to be okay, even if we aren't. Just please, chill the fuck out." I say as nicely as possible.

His mouth drops and he can't seem to form any rebuttal. I look over at him and he is still looking like he is shocked. I scoot closer to him and hold his hand.

"I'm... Sorry." He manages to say.

I slide my hand in his hair and turn his face to mine, kissing him deeply. Damn I know I needed that. I tighten my grip on his hair and he holds his breath. I break the kiss and he breathes deeply. I stare into his confused eyes and kiss him again, on the corner of his mouth.

"I'm hungry. Can we get lunch?" I ask.

He looks me up and down. "I almost forgot about your mood swings darling. Thanks for reminding me." He says, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry baby. But I'm really hungry right now." I explain, my stomach hurting.

"Did you just call me baby? Yeah, you're definitely not in your right mind. Please find the nearest restaurant." Michael says to the driver.

"Actually, I want some KFC. Please?" I ask.

The driver passes the bucket of chicken back to us and I grab a leg, devouring it. I make my way through the bucket and Michael raises his eyebrows at me.

"Ummm... Can you order another bucket for me please? One ofb those $5 boxes." Michael asks the driver.

"You can have some of mine." I say, chewing my biscuit and pouring honey all over it.