Studio Life

I feel a light brush across my cheek and the dreamworld disappears as I am transported into darkness. I sigh as I see the morning light through my tired eyelids. I take a deep breath, beginning to yawn, and I smell the most delicious scent. I open my eyes slowly, preparing my senses for this overload of sunlight.

Instead I get a pleasant view of Michael. I groan a little.

Michael smiles lightly. "Why did you sleep down here?" He whispers.

I wipe my eyes and shift on the couch a little. I forgot I slept down here.

"I wasnt wanted upstairs." I croak.

He gives me a look. "Says those voices in your head."

I put my hand over my face. "Im not even awake yet Michael. Please."

He pulls the blankets off. "You need a massage."

"Im fine. It was comfortable." I lie.

"No. Stop lying." He says sternly.

I sit up on my elbows. "Are we.. okay?" I ask carefully.

He cocks his head to the side. "We were 'okay' last night. You decided to sleep on the couch."

"I didnt know." I put my head down.

"You didnt ask." He says simply.

"I was nervous. You kinda told me off yesterday.." I admit.

He looks at me and gently touches my chin. He leans in and kisses my lips slowly and softly. I close my eyes and feel the magnetism between us intensify. He breaks the kiss and Im back to reality. I sigh, wanting more.

"I apologize. Can I show you something?"

I nod, not completely sure about what he wants to show me, but I figure I will just go with it. Its not like he has a dungeon in his basement or anything. He helps me off of the couch and I feel the pain surging through my body. Ugh why did I sleep on the couch? He holds my hand, knowing Im sore, and rubs my fingers gently as he leads me to the back of the house. He takes me around a dark corner and opens a door. It's a recording studio. I look around and he grazes my back with his finger, urging me to go inside. I step inside and stand in the middle of the room, observing what a real recording studio looks like. This is amazing.

"This is where I made my Dangerous album." He explains.

"This is so nice." I say simply.

"You wanna sing something?" He asks, playfully.

My eyes get wide. "No no. I dont sing." I assure him.

"You dont sing or you cant?" He clarifies.

"Im not singing in front of you." I bite my lip.

He giggles. "Why not?"

I mess with my nails.

"I'd love to sing with you." He says.

"Im not a singer and.. you're one of the best singers ever." 

"So? Im sure your voice is angelic." He says, hoping.

I look down.

"No? Okay. One day. Would you like to hear me sing?" He asks.

I nod. "If you want to."

He picks up a lyric sheet.

"Can I read it?" I ask.

He chuckles. "You wont be able to understand it."

He hands me the lyric sheet and he's right I cant understand it. He just wrote it too fast. He looks at me as I try ti decipher the lyrics.