New Deal

I wake up to an empty bed.

Michael is gone.

Whenever I wake up alone I always feel like a one night stand.. until I remember I'm married. I guess this feeling will go away after I get used to being married. 

I stretch and stare out of the window. I cant just sit around all day and do nothing. When I was a teenager and I used to sit around all day on the weekends, my grandma almost made me get up and do something. Whether that was walking around the block, doing homework early, cleaning the house, or reading a book, it was always something. My grandmother always told me that a day without work is a day wasted. I've been wasting days abiding by Michael's rule of not working. I may be laying in the lap of luxury, but I can at least get some work done. 

As I am getting out of bed, I take the blankets and sheets off. These need to be cleaned after what happened last night. I fold it and put it in a corner of the room. I look in the closet and there is a vacuum. I roll it out and plug it up, vacuuming the floor thoroughly. This is a state of the art vacuum cleaner, even better than the Chamberlin's. I put it back in the closet. I wonder where my cleaning supplies are, probably mixed in with the supplies in his house. I mean our house. I take a shower and grab some of our hidden clothes and put them on. I head into the kitchen with the dirty sheets and blankets, and I sneak into the laundry room. It's a shame, he has the highest quality cleaning products, but his maids still cant clean this house spotless. Maybe they get away with just cleaning the areas that Michael uses the most, or maybe Michael thinks that it's just too big to clean thoroughly.

I'd like to prove him wrong.

I make sure no one is around. I see those maids gossipping all of the time. They have nothing better to do, I mean, they dont actually clean anything. The chef cleans better than them! Let me leave his maids alone. He hired and kept them for some reason. I throw the sheets and blankets in the washer and go back into the kitchen. I see his chef running out. She stops when she sees me.

"Do you need anything before I go to the store?" She asks, in a rush.

I shake my head. "It's fine. If I do get hungry I can find someting to cook." 

"It's really no big deal for me to whip up something quick before I leave if you're hungry honey." She grabs the car keys off of the counter.

I smile and shake my head. "I'm not hungry. You can go shopping."

She smiles and runs out the door. I watch her pull out of the driveway and I look around the kitchen, looking for dirt. Of course I can find some dirt. It's a kitchen. The chef does a really good job keeping this place clean though. I grab a microfiber towel and look for the oven cleaner. I spray it on the oven and let it sit. I feel like pulling my bandana out and really going to work in this kitchen. Im sure Michael has burned all of my bandanas though. I grab a broom and I sweep around the island and the back of the kitchen. I throw out the sweepings in the garbage can and I hear the ding from the washer. 

Sheets are washed.

I go in the laundry room and put the blankets and sheets in the dryer. I go back in the kitchen and wipe down the oven and cabinets. I look around and get another vacuum to sweep the living room with. I look around and I see the door to the library. I open it, examining it. It's pretty clean, except the books are a little crooked. I fix them and I alphabetize them as much as I can before I get tired. I figure the clothes are done by now.

As I exit the library, I look at all of the art that Michael has hung in his house. He has great taste in art. Im sure that he is rich enough that he can call the painter himself and request a piece that he will undoubtedly create for him. I dont see any pictures of him and his family though. Perhaps he keeps it in a special place. He may not have told his family that we are married, but from what I know they are tight and he loves them. I think about Nina for some reason. She was only really my friend when I was working at the clubs. She was still my friend though. I know she knows about this just like everyone else. She must be going crazy.