Rescue. Maybe

A/N: LAST CHAPTER. Lets see if I could get 1.4k reads. And there will be a few large gaps in between paragraphs, thats a time skip.

*****
(Autumn's POV)

I awoke to the sound of birds chirping. Thats unusual, birds don't usually chirp here. It was always the sound of leaves rustling or the occasional small animal crawling by. Luke was still beside me too, of course, Codie was in between us. I smiled, and rolled onto my back. Back home, I used to sleep with my window open just so I could hear the birds chirp. Whenever I didn't hear them I had a bad day, but when I did hear them, my day was amazing. Today was going to be a good day. I was already happy, and my eyelids just opened. I reached over the sleeping dog and poked Luke's cheek. His hand raised to flick me, but instead he grabbed my hand and forcefully pulled me over top of Codie and on top of him. I gasped in surprise. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled. I looked over at Codie, he was still sleeping.

"You're dogs a bit jealous I'd say." Luke whispered. I shrugged.

"He's never been good around guys. Your the first." I chuckled. I went to touched Codie on the back, but Luke's hand grabbed it before I could.

"Just for a minute." He pleaded. I sarcastically rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Fine." I said jokingly. I laid my head down on Luke's chest and he wrapped his arms around me. I fell asleep, again.

I woke up alone, on the braided grass bed. I blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes before sitting up. Luke and Codie were both gone. The birds were still chirping, what the hell. Just as I sat up and opened my eyes Luke and Codie came back in the cave, Luke was laughing at something and Codie was panting.

"What'd I miss this time?" I asked standing. Luke leaned against the cave wall and Codie trotted over to me. Luke was smiling. Codie bit my hand gently, causing me to jump.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to pull my hand away. Codie dropped my hand and I rubbed it with my other hand. He jumped up on me and grabbed the hem of my shirt with his teeth. He gently pulled me towards Luke, and when I was at least 2 feet away, he dropped my shirt. I looked down at the dog, and he leaned against my calves causing me to fall forward. I was caught by Luke.

"Whats into him? Yesterday he was pulling us apart." I asked looking at Codie, who was now sitting. Luke smiled.

"I had a little chat with your dog."

"What?"

"Yeah. He woke up while we were laying there and he pushed you right off of me. So I told him to follow me outside. He did. So when I got to the beach, I sat and he sat beside me. I asked him why he doesn't want me near you, and he growled. So I said I wouldn't hurt you, and he looked at me like 'if you do, I'll cut your dick off' look." Luke explained. I laughed hard.

"He is my boy." I said. Smiling at the dog.

"Well, at least we don't have a hater anymore." Luke laughed. We laughed for a while, then it was just Luke holding me. Birds still chirped. So loud. It started to bother me.

"Luke?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"Do you hear birds chirping?"

"Birds? Autumn, theres no robins or anything here." He poked my nose.

"I hear them, loud and clear. I guess I know it's going to be a good day." I smiled.

"Should we go fuel the fires?" Luke asked. I sighed.

"Yeah." Nobody moved. I went to pull away from Luke, but he held me back.