Breaking Up

A/N: ill only make 34 chapters instead of 35 but they'll be longer.

*****
(Autumn's POV)

I sat in front of Burt -my therapist tree- and started to talk about my nightmares. I have been visiting him the past three months, which may sound like I'm crazy but this tree is better than a real live shrink. They don't voice their opinions, all they do is listen. I've been through enough trouble on this island. Almost facing death 3 times, Mikayla dying, almost starving to death, there is so much. The one thats on my mind 24/7 is are we going to get out of here? As much as I wanted to believe it, there was a small part of me that didn't.

"Talking to Burt again I see." Luke said smiling. I smiled weakly.

"Yeah. Just telling secrets." I said resting my hand upon the tree.

"Why don't you tell me secrets?" Luke asked sitting down beside me.

"Because they'll make you doubtful." I said with a sigh.

"How so?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I feel that were never leaving here." I said quietly. Luke didn't say anything.

"Yeah. I always feel like that now. Its been over a year since we saw any type of boat or plane." Luke said. I nodded.

"Do you want to go fuel the fires?" I asked standing.

"Sure." Luke said smiling again.

"One question." I said as Luke stood up.

"Ask." He answered.

"How do you always have smile on your face?" I asked, smiling. Luke shrugged.

"Every time I see you, I can only smile." He said. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Shut up." I said slapping his chest playfully.

We finished fuelling the fires and now I'm standing at the waters edge with my bow drawn and aiming for a fish. The sun has gone down a bit, so the waters are a bit dark. Luke and Codie are at the tree line with a small fire lit. I'm trying to get dinner. Thankfully, a fish came into view and swam quickly to the right. I jerked my arm to follow its movements and let the string slip from my fingers. It shot into the water, making a loud plop sound as it skewered the fish. I smiled and pulled the tail of the arrow out of the water. The fish was flailing around, twisting to escape the arrow. I stood still until it stopped moving- till it was dead. I started back for Luke. When I got to the fire, I got a big smile and an open hand.

"Uh no. This is my fish!" I looked at it again, it was a fair size.

"C'mon! That one is big. The other ones are small." Luke whined. "Plus, you'll never eat it." True, I'll never eat this much fish. With a sigh, I handed it to Luke and sat on the sand. I placed my bow and quiver beside me and Codie sat down at the other side.

"Did you cook any?" I asked Luke. He handed me my arrows that I used to catch fish, along with a cooked small fish.

"I did." Luke said smiling. I put the arrows back with the others and bit into the fish. It was a bitter taste. It almost made me gag. But I ate it anyways. Hungrily, I finished the fish and tossed its bones aside. Luke was eating the big fish I caught before, while cooking another on the fire.

"Why are you cooking them all?" I asked leaning back on my elbows.

"You can't leave a fish raw. And so we'll have food for the next few days." Luke chomped on another piece of fish. The sky was a purpley orange now, the sun has almost set all the way.

"Might want to catch more." I muttered. But must've heard it because he looked up.

"Why?" He asked still looking at me.