Furry Pants, Is That What We Have Here?

A/N: 950 reads!!!!! 😱 thank you so much. 😭😭😭

*****

(Autumn's POV)

Luke and I just finished spreading the flames when Codie barked beneath us. The bark wasn't like normal, it was painful. I ran to the edge and looked down, stood in front of him was a rabbit. Are you kidding me? That dog took on a mountain lion and he of a scared of a damn rabbit. I chuckled and started to climb back down the mountain. Codie jumped up when he saw me, I smiled and petted him. Luke came down his own way though, not climbing. I heard a loud thump and an oomph from behind me. I reluctantly turned around and Luke was flat on his back, staring up at the sky- but he wasn't moving. No, no, no. I ran over to him in a panic. I knelt beside him, and he just stared up. I laid a hand on his chest and I felt nothing. Not even a heartbeat. I started breathing heavily, almost hyperventilating- no, calm down. This won't help. I calmed myself enough to look at Luke's face, clearly. Okay, what do I do? CPR maybe? Goddamn this is so difficult. Wait, wait. What did my health teacher say? DAMMIT. I can't fucking think! Suddenly, Codie comes running over with something in his mouth. A bunch of grass. He drops it at my feet and his tongue falls out of his mouth. Luke could just be faking- he is like that, you see. Smirking, I grabbed the grass in a bundle and started tickling his nose. I saw the tiniest smile and I sighed in relief. Then, his chest started moving up and down again. I had to cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing, what I was bout' to do would be priceless. I lifted up his shirt and carefully edged my hands to his sides. Breathing in, I jabbed my fingers to his sides and started tickling him. I got the reaction I wanted. He shot up, laughing- until I got a hand to the jaw. I couldn't help but laugh. I fell back laughing and soon, it became a laughing fit. Luke was okay, and I was foolish to think he wasn't. Tears started streaming down my cheeks from laughing so hard. I think we cleared the forest. I took a couple deep breaths and tried to speak.

"Luke," I managed while breathing. He looked at me, laughed and took a deep breath before he tried to speak.

"Yeah?" He asked. I swallowed my dry throat.

"You okay?" I asked, trying not to look at him. Cause if I did, I'd laugh again. Apparently, he did the same because he looked out into the trees.

"Course. I never even fell." Luke said, finally turning to look at me. Wait, what? He never even fricken fell! He worried me and made me almost had a panic attack for nothing? And how could he even hold his breath that long? I couldn't even fell his pulse! What the actual fuck?

"Wait, how could- why would..." I had so many questions. "Okay. Tell me from the beginning." Luke nodded and looked at me seriously. I mentally laughed because of his so serious face.

"Okay. Codie got scared of a rabbit -because he's a scaredy cat-" Codie growled at Luke and sat down beside me. "And you started to climb down. I was half way down when you reached him, so I quietly jumped to the ground and laid down."

"But what about-" I interrupted. Luke put his hand up telling em to shut up. I did.

"Lemme finish." I frowned. "See that rock?" He pointed beside him about 4 feet away. And low and behold, there was a damn rock laying on the ground. I nodded. "I threw that down so it sounded like I fell." He said. WHAT ABOUT HIS DAMN PULSE.? My mind screamed that one question. Calm, he's getting there. "So, I held my breath and stopped my pulse. Until you found my weakness." Luke laid his arms on his knees and chuckled.

"Wait, how can you stop your pulse?" I asked curiously. Luke turned and smirked.

"I'm a man of many talents." He stood up and bowed. I had to clap.

"Well, I am impressed." I stood up and he stood in front of me.

"As you should be. Now, what?" He asked. I shrugged.