21 // family

My extended fam is kind of like this #justtoletyouknow ;)
@BoucherGirl!! Hey!!
*****

When I walk out onto the balcony after school see a few too many De Luca boys. Cam sits against the railing with his legs extended and his tousled brown hair glinting; the Chinese sister... Vivienne, sits right above his knees and giggles sweetly; Akari and Riel play by the other rails, hopping and leaning dangerously.

The sunshine casts a gleam on her darkdarkdark hair like glass, and her skin is clear and lovely. She crawls up her brother's legs to curl against his chest, and he distractedly hugs one arm around her while watching her other brothers carefully.

The door slides open and Riel nearly falls over the edge and Cam shouts. They haven't noticed me. He lets himself tip back onto the balcony, beside Cam, and dissolves into giggles, his plump lips spread wide exposing contrasting pale teeth.

They are the embodiment of the modern Canadian family if you substitute Cambriel in as the father.

The sliding door moves aside from the inside, and Alex toddles outside. His pale, narrow face is drawn in, his small bowed lips pouted in consternation and dragging a ratty toy zebra along the wooden boards.

Cam says something like po-che-mu grus-nay-ah?

He replies with something that also sounds Russian, and toddles over to Cam to drop beside him. He snuggles into his older brother's side and Akari starts telling knock knock jokes.

I quietly step back inside the apartment, internally reeling in equal parts over my brief conversation with Caroline Armstrong and the fact that he speaks Russian.