Halloween Hijinks Pt.3

When hinges creak in doorless chambers,

And strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.

Whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still —

That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight!
_______________________________

The day had finally come.

The Whole Cake Academy Halloween Festival was in full swing. Many families and other students from different schools came to see the spectacle. Pudding, along with some of her siblings, were selling treats by the front gate from pumpkin pie to apple spice cupcakes. The Amazons, bar Hancock, had the game booths manned and handing out prizes to whomever could beat their challenging games. Even Nami, who was dressed as a pumpkin witch, was doing her part by helping with the funds and donations with Vivi, who was dressed as a desert princess.

"Whoa! Look at the haul we got so far!" Dollar signs appeared in her eyes as Nami sorted through the money. "With this much money, we can finally pay for the repairs on the second floor bathrooms!"

"Yeah, instead of letting Miss Kokoro fix them every time the sink wants to spit out." Vivi agreed, taking the money out of the greedy girl's hands. "I'm not letting you out of my sight tonight."

Nami was about to protest when Robin came up to the girls, a group of children following behind her. Tonight, Robin was wearing a long black dress with a cobweb pattern, a flowing cape, and had fangs in her mouth.

"Hey Robin, nice spider lady costume!" Nami complimented her senior. "Where are you and those kids going?"

"Heading inside to the library for some spooky tales of horror and gore." Robin said with a smile on her face, unnerving the duo. "Of course I had their parents joining if they wanted to."

"Yeah, Miss Robin is going to tell us scary stories!" A young boy chimed out, holding the tall girl's dress. This was Chopper, the school nurse's son and one of the cutest boys in town. His curly brown hair had antlers in them as the rest of his body was covered in fur. He was a reindeer this year.

"I hope I don't get too scared! My big brother said I could get nightmares!" A small girl puffed out her cheeks. "I'll show him that I can be a brave warrior!" This young lady was Otama, one of Ace's adopted sisters and his youngest one. Her purple hair had cat ears in them while she wore a cute kitty costume. In her arms was a cat plushie and her bag of candy.

Robin patted their heads gently. "I wouldn't tell you anything that would harm you. Just some old classic and we get to have some candy too!"

The group cheered at that while Nami and Vivi giggled at their antics.

"I guess we'll see you at the play later." Vivi said, waving at the children. "Have fun kids!"

"Bye!" The children waved as Robin lead them inside the school. Nami shook her head, smiling gently as a cold breeze nipped the air.

"Wonder how Luffy's doing, he must be getting ready for his debut."
________________________________

"PUDDING-CHAN! YOU LOOK SO GORGEOUS IN THE MOONLIGHT!"