𝗑𝗏. 𝖨𝗌𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖮𝖿 𝖦𝖺𝗋𝗒𝗇

Morning had dawned upon the Island of Garyn the very next day. The storm had long settled as the golden rays of sunlight blessed the land. Flourishing around a dormant volcano, the foreign place thrived with greenery and civilization. Houses of bricks and cobblestones piled up the mountainside. Ships and boats docked the small pier sitting by the calm waters. As the crystal clear sea glistened beneath the blue skies, birds flocked down to feast upon breadcrumbs and corn kernels. Shops and boutiques arrayed the shoreline, attracting local customers. The smell of pastries, fish, meat, and salt permeated the air as people passed. Voices were a shrill and children ran about, playing chase.

However, unbeknownst to the busy community, a group of six people and a mermaid laid unconscious next to a big boulder. Cold seafoam washed their grainy bodies as they sprawled across the sand. Debris of wood and broken furniture scattered around them as their ship had already vanished into oblivion.

"Echk!" Beomgyu coughed and wheezed as he sat up. "Ah, my head."

He pluck out a piece or seaweed dangling from his wet hair. Glancing down on his lap, he noticed a tired Ria sleeping. Her chin was heavily perched on top of his thigh as she breathed slow. Beomgyu took the chance to dust her sandy cheeks. By then, Kai had awoken. The healer immediately hoisted himself straight to vomit. Cielo, who had been resting on the sand, screeched as her owner puked. Soobin opened his eyes in confusion while Yeonjun dramatically flung his arms around before he knelt to gasp for air. Taehyun silently got to his feet and looked around.

"We made it," the blonde mage muttered. "We're finally here."

Beomgyu scoffed. "But at what cost?"

"What are you talking about?"

"That's right. Let's play pretend today because what's important is that we all got here safe. Got it."

"If you're talking about what happened last night-"

"Ria just dove straight into the monster's mouth to save us all, no big deal." Beomgyu sneered, patting the girl's head. "And where were you? Blasting magic beside your ill-fated companion!"

At that moment, Blue had gained consciousness. She slowly propped herself up using her elbows and frowned. Her frizzy hair was a mess and she had a small cut near her left eyebrow. Kai looked at her tail. It was all fine.

"Let go of her," Taehyun sighed. "Ria needs to recover on her own."

"On her own?" Soobin parroted. "Do you hear yourself, Taehyun? You doted over Blue the whole night, but now you want Ria to stand on her own feet?"

Yeonjun crossed his arms. "You're an absolute hypocrite."

"Why are you all dragging me into this mess?" Blue innocently inquired, her eyes sparkling in concern. "Like I said, I did nothing-"

"Yes, you really did nothing." Beomgyu spat. "You clung onto our friend while the rest of us fought for our lives."

"Stop it!" The mermaid hissed. "Know who you're talking to!"

"A blabbering fish, that's what. Now I understand why Ria didn't want to sit with you. You're a headache."

"Ehck!"

Everybody jumped as Ria wheezed and rolled to her stomach. Coughing, she drummed on her chest and seized her weight upwards. Kai hurriedly helped her regain balance while Beomgyu made sure she wasn't scraped nor bruised. Yeonjun facepalmed and Soobin bluntly sighed. Taehyun remained unfazed nonetheless.