𝗂𝗂. 𝖲𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖪𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝖮𝖿 𝖠𝖽𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗎𝗋𝖾

"Here we are."

Taehyun led Ria to the outskirts where a small cottage stood. Flowers, shrubs, and rouge weed sprouted everywhere, engulfing the rustic, wooden home in various shades of green. Ria stood in awe as she admired how everything basked underneath the hot sun. A butterfly fluttered over a bed of petunias. A choir cicadas resonated from the trees and blue birds chirped in the sky.

"Oh my God," she breathed. "This place is beautiful, Taehyun. No shit."

"Thank y-"

"Is that a fucking cat?"

"What?"

Ria zoomed past Taehyun as she spotted a plump, little calico rubbing itself against the dirty wall. She happily waddled to the feline, crouching down as to not threaten it. The cat meowed a high tune, earning a squeal from the girl. She reached out to pet it. As Ria busied herself with the furry, three more kittens sprung from the bushes. Taehyun stared, perplexed.

"You should've told me!" Ria cried, completely losing her wits. "I love cats!"

"Oh, no, we don't own them, darling." Taehyun clarified. "They only come around here for food."

"Still."

Ria widely grinned at the mage. Taehyun fondly ruffled her hair. He looked around in search for his other friend. He was just about to yell his name when a jolly voice called out from the rooftop. Ria and Taehyun glanced to see a bright boy dressed in a fuzzy, white sweater and a tight pair of pants. Four chicken feathers adorned his brown locks. His hair was a tangled mess as the wind tousled it over. He waved at them.

"Hello, stranger!" He beamed. "Hi, Taehyun!"

"What are you doing?!" Taehyun croaked. "Get down from there, Kai!"

Kai bluntly obeyed. He scrambled to his feet and spread his arms. Ria gasped as a large pair of angel-like wings sprouted from his back. Kai jumped off and flew for a little bit, sending gushes of wind towards his peers. He landed with grace, a proud grin visible on his thin lips as he straightened. Taehyun sighed.

"Are you done with your antics?" He asked. "Show off."

"I was painting the roof, Taehyun. You should be grateful." Kai playfully nudged his friend. "Oh, you must be the chosen one, yes?"

Ria reddened as the boy turned to her. He held out a hand for her to shake. His right palm was covered in yellow paint. She took it nonetheless, flashing him a flustered smile. His touch was warm despite the thick color coating his skin. Kai giggled.

"What's your name, miss?"

"Shakira."

"Pleasure meeting you, Shak-"

"I'm kidding. It's Ria."

"Oh, lovely!" He nodded. "I suppose you already know who I am, isn't that right?"

"You're Kai." She muttered. "You must be a guardian or somethin', no?"

"An air guardian, yes," He chuckled. "But I'm a healer too. I mend all creatures. As a matter of fact, I just got a new patient. She's inside."

"Do you perhaps do it with magic?"

"Yes, but I've also mastered the art of medicinal herbs, so I guess that adds up to my ability."