𝗏𝗂𝗂. 𝖧𝖺𝗋𝖽 𝖱𝗈𝖼𝗄 𝖤𝗇𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋

"Augh.."

Beomgyu felt the world flip as he fluttered his eyes open. His head was pounding and his nape felt stiff. Before he could process what happened, he found himself dangling upside down. His hands and feet were tied securely to a pole. Two strangers carried him like a prized boar. He panicked.

"AAAH!!" He raged, trying to undo the knots. "What is this?!"

"Hi there." Ria greeted. "Good afternoon, I guess."

"Who are you?!" Beomgyu spat. "What did you do to me?!"

"Calm down." Soobin cooed at front. "We don't intend to roast you alive, promise."

Kai cackled from the other side. "No reason to be frantic, really."

"Shut up!" Beomgyu snarled. "This is stupid! You're all stupid!"

"Say that again," Yeonjun aimed his axe to his nose. "I dare you."

Taehyun rubbed his temple. "Quit it, you four."

"Where are you taking me?!" Beomgyu squirmed. "I swear in Misfit's name, I'll break your spines once I-"

"Hey," Kai warned. "We don't talk about Misfit."

"Seriously," Ria whispered to Soobin. "Who is she?"

"Not worth telling, I swear."

"Listen here," Taehyun hissed. "You're solely responsible for your involvement in this journey, not us. You must tag along."

"No!" Beomgyu denied. "Take your ridiculous antics and expedition! I don't have time for this!"

"Aren't you an earth guardian?"

"Who gives a damn?!"

Ting!

Yeonjun's weapon threateningly tapped the steel. Beomgyu's mouth sealed shut, knowing better than to keep blabbering. Taehyun pushed his hair back in stress. Ria sucked her inner cheeks.

"The Odd-Eyed Cat's sought to unravel a dark curse, I suppose you already know what that means." Soobin explained. "If we don't make it together, all the existing realms will crumble. We need to salvage the rest of our guild to draw the line. It's our only hope."

"I still don't see why I should adhere myself to a bunch of weirdos like you. I am no longer a guardian. I'm a changed perso-"

CHOMP!

Yeonjun chopped the ropes in annoyance. Down fell Beomgyu with a grunt. Ria offered a hand to hoist him, but he stuck out his tongue instead. Scrambling to his soles, Beomgyu tried to sprint. However, Kai and Soobin were quick to grab his white dress shirt, yanking him back.

"Let go of me!" He protested, kicking the dry soil. "Get your filthy hands off-"

"Mira," Ria sighed. "You can never outrun reality, Beomgyu."

"How did you know my name?!"

"No matter how many commoners you try to surround yourself with," Yeonjun taunted with a smirk. "You're still a guardian. You're still a freak."