Chapter 10: Love Spell Affections

It was another great day in Auradon, students were walking down the hallways and going to classes, as usual. Then Brooks and Isabela were walking together in the hallways and Brooks noticed the boys laughing, and he noticed they had new hair, even Isaac. Then Syed was standing by an locker watching them as a boy noticed him.

"Look, it's Syed!" An boy said.

"Hi, Syed!"

"Love my hair, Syed!" They all said waving to him.

He waves back while Chelsea walks up to her. "Are you feeling kind of weird about this?" Chelsea said. "I mean, it's not so bad here, you know."

"Are you insane?" Syed snared. "Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news!"

Then he snaps Chelsea. "Snap out of it!"

"Thanks, Syed. I needed that." Chelsea breaks out in a chuckle as she walks away.

Meanwhile, Brooks was chatting with Isabela. "Do you think they actually paid for those?" He asked in concern.

"Oh, hello!" Chelsea walked up to the girls. "The name's Chels. You all going to the tourney game tonight?"

"He did it to Isaac's hair, too, and Ian Lightfoot's not happy about it." Brooks said.

"What's the harm?" Isabela asked.

Then Brooks broke out in concern. "It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know it's the abs and the jawline and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then where will I be?"

Syed overheard their conservation.

Then Isabela looks at Brooks with a warm heart. "Listen, Brooks..." But Brooks cuts her off. "I will see you at the game after my suit-fitting for the coronation, got that?"

"Okay." Isabela replied.

"Bye, Isaberry." Brooks said then he kisses her on the cheek.

"Bye."

"Hey Isaberry!" Syed walks up to her.

"Hey." Isabela said when she saw Syed.

"I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip, do you want one?"

"I've got cheerleading for the big game. I don't eat before a big game. But thank you so, so much. Thank you." Isabela said. "Next time."

"No, yeah." Syed walks up to her. "I completely understand. Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains."

"No, no no." Isabela said.

"No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that." Syed said.

"No, no. That's not it.  No, no, no. I really do... I have..."

"No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart. Oh, well, more for me, I guess."

"No, no Hey..." Isabela then gets the cookie out of Syed hand and eats it. "See that? Totally trust you."