Chapter 8: Knowing New Faces

"Okay. Raney, we're gonna do some sprints. You ready?" Isabela said while putting down the clipboard and turning to Rana, putting her knee down and confused. Then a kid was running in the court and playing and then Rana saw it running up to her about to play tag. "Oh! No, wait!" Rana cried, running away from the kid. "Sweet! NO!"

Isabela was confused by the time and Raney was still running away from the kid. And then Isabela saw her. "Rana? Rana!" She called out as she ran to her and the human kid.

Raney was at the side of an forest and climbed up an tree, hoping the kid will stop following her. "No, stop!" She replied to the kid, but the kid was giggling.

"Rana!"

She then heard her name. "Isabela? Isabela?" She said, still scared and hugging the tree.

"Woah!"

Then Isabela ran to her. "Isabela, help me!" She yelled out and was pointing to the kid. "This thing is a killer! She's gonna chase me down and bang my head until I'm faint. This is a vicious, rabid pack monster!"

Isabela picks up the kid and calms her down when she was crying after hearing the threats said by Raney. "Hey! Who told you that?" She asked.

"My father." Rana replied.

"Randall?"

"He's a kid expert. A kid yellerer."

Isabela chuckles still holding the kid and Rana did a mad face. "Why are you holding her? She's gonna attack you!" She cried.

"Raney, you were a kid once, were you?" Isabela asks, Rana was raised on the Isle of the Lost, even were her friends, and more vicious Villain kids, she was told by her father that children were dangerous to talk to, she was a monster when she was born, but turned into a human, as well as her father. "Not human." She quietly replied.

"Katie, meet Rana." Isabela introduced the little girl to Rana. "Rana, this is Katie. She's the campus toddler." Then Rana climbs down the tree and see the kid, she had blue eyes, strawberry blonde hair, and had fair skin. "She doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack monster." Then Rana climbs down the tree.

"Jeez."

Then see sees Katie being happy and smiley, to hold her little hand. "You're a good girl, aren't you?" She said. Then Raney holds Katie and rocks her to mean she is sorry for what she said about kids around her age. "You're a good girl." Then Isabela spoke up when she saw Rana and Katie getting along. "I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island." She said.

"Yeah, let's just say we don't a lot of belly rubs." Rana chuckles.

"Good girl." Isabela said putting her arm around Rana's shoulder. "I mean, you're a good runner. You're... You're fast, you know." Then Rana answers her. "Yeah." She brings up a smile on her face. "Thank you."

"Listen, I'm gonna give you guys some space, yeah?" Isabela said. "you guys get to know each other and just, you know, come find me when you're done, okay?"

"Okay."

"I'll see you later." Isabela said.

"See you out there."