Chapter 9: Love Cookies

Hobert was measuring his suit until Chelsea walked into his and Syed's dorm showing her new shirt. And then Raney chuckles while doing research on her laptop. Then she approached Syed.

"Did you plan work with Isaac?" She asked. "Are you going over to see the staff?"

"Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out?"

Then Raney made an comment. "Some's in a bad mood."

"My dad's counting on me!" Syed said. "I can't let him down!"

"We can do this..." Chelsea said, making everyone look eyes on her. "If we stick together."

"And we won't go back until we do." Syed said. "Because we're rotten..."

"To the core." They all said.

Then Hobert spoke up. "Oh, yeah. I found out that Ian Lightfoot blesses Isabela with the staff at coronation and we all get to go. And I have nothing to wear, of course."

Then someone knocks on the door. "What?" Hobert asked.

"Hold that thought." Syed gets up out of the bed and opens the door, which was Isabela. "Hey, Syed. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering if you had any question or anything that you needed." Isabela said.

"Not that I know of." Syed said while he looked at his friends.

"Okay. All right." Isabela said before walking away. "Well, if you need anything, just uh..."

"Oh. Wait!" Syed said stopping her. "Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"

"Si, the whole school goes." Isabela nods.

"Wow." Syed said. "That is beyond exciting."

"Do you think it's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to Ian Lightfoot, just so we could soak up all that goodness?" Syed asked as his nose scrunched up.

"I wish you could." Isabela said sadly. "Upfront it's just me, my family, and my boyfriend."

"And your boyfriend?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

"Okay, thanks, bye," Syed said as he pretends to smile and closed the door on Isabela's face.

Then he gets his attention to his friends. "I think it's time that Isaberry got herself a new boyfriend." He said as his friends watched. "And I need a love spell."

Then he gets his attention to Raney while she throws the book at him.

---

The VKS were at the kitchen making the love potion, Syed was following instructions to the love spell on his book. "All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry." Syed said.

"Let's just chop up some onions," Raney said, meaning that onions make you cry.

"NO! It says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly."

"A tear's a tear..." Chelsea said as she rolls her eyes.

Hobert scoffed. "That's not true, Chels. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear."

Then Syed smiles. "Listen to you."

"Yeah, I knew that." The daughter of Chick Hicks said.

"Did not." Raney gives her a fist bump on the shoulder.

"Yeah, I did."

Then Alijah and Alina walk in. "There you are, Syed!" Alijah said.

"We were looking for you!" Alina said.

"You know, all the boys want you to do their hair!" Alijah said as Syed chuckles. "Midnight snack, eh?"

"Whatcha guys making?" Alina said as she finished his sentence.

"Um, nothing special. Just cookies." Syed said.

Then Alina gets a little piece and almost eats it. "Oh. No, no! Wait, wait, wait!" The four VKS said. "What? I'm not gonna double dip." Alina said

"Feel anything?" Hobert asked.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?"

Then Chelsea checks Alijah out. "Hey there," Chelsea said as Alijah stares at him. "It could use some chips.

"Chips?" Chelsea whispered to herself.

"And those are..." Hobert asked.

"Chocolate chips," Alijah said. "Just the most important food group."

"Wait, didn't your dads ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?" Alina said as Syed stared at her. "Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with the big old glass of milk and he just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." Then the Scorfano twins both see the four VKS still looking at them meaning they didn't do those kinds of things in the Isle.

"Why are you all looking at us like that?" Alijah asked.

"It's just different where we're from," Syed replied.

"Yeah, we know. We just, you know, we thought..." Alina said. "Even villains love their kids."

Then Syed looked at Alina and Alijah again, meaning his father, Syndrome did not.

"Oh." They both said. "How awful." Then Alina gets a tear off her face, and Syed gets it off her face.

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night," Syed said, pushing both of them to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams."

"Good night," Alina said. She and Alijah went away, waving goodbye.

"Good night, see you tomorrow," Syed said.

"Okay, girls, cookie sheet. Hob, oven." Syed commanded.

"Yes sir," Hobert replied.