10 // Parental Love

April wakes up to the sunlight shining through the white almost see through curtains. After blinking a couple of times, she gets up. She looks over to her left and checks what times it is. 9:13 am.

She goes downstairs and sees Anne already sitting in the kitchen, with a cup in her hand. 'Goodmorning', she says with her sweet and gentle voice. 'Hey' April says and smiles at her.

'I made you some breakfast', Anne says and hands her a plate. There's scrembled eggs, saucages and beans on it. A typical English breakfast. 'Thanks', April says as she takes the plate. She carefully puts it on the table and takes a seat next to Anne.  She takes her first bite and the delicious flavour of eggs and saucages are in her mouth. 'Oh, how do I missed this', April says and takes another bite.

'I'm glad you like it', Anne smiles and goes to sit next to her one year younger cousin. 'So, how are you? Did you sleep good?' She asks. That's what April likes about her. Always so caring and protective even though she's only one year older.

She nods. 'Yeah, it's lovely to be back.'

'And it's lovely to see you back', she replies ands gives her a gentle hug. April smiles at her action and hugs her back.

-

April is looking in the mirror, making sure she looks good. She's getting ready to go to her parents and of course she wants to look as good as possible. Her brown wavy hair is now straight and for her clothes she's wearing a beautiful white lace dress paired with some black sandals. For her makeup, she went for some mascara and lip gloss.

'You look good, April', her cousin says, standing in the doorway. She walks over to her and goes to stand next to her in front of the mirror.

'Remember when we always used to dance in front of the mirror like real superstars?' She says while smiling.

April thinks about all the private concerts she gave to their teddybears in front of the mirror with Anne. 'Yeah, we were some diva's, weren't we?'

She laughs which makes April laugh too. 'And remember when we always played hide and seek but we always hided ourselves at the same spot?'

'How can I forget that?' April says and laughs. 'We were some really weird kids' Anne says and laughs.

'We still are, Anne' April says which causes Anne to  smile at her. 'You're right. But hey, let's go to your parents' house' she says while grabbing April's hand and leading her out of the spare room.

-

'Hello Anne! And...April! Oh my, I didn't know you were coming! If I knew I would've at least cleaned the house, sorry for the mess, oh my!' April's mother keeps on rambling. 'Oh, mum, don't worry! I don't mind', April says and give her a hug. 'Really? Or else I quickly vacuum the living room, yeah, I' will do tha-'

'Mum, I don't mind. Really', she says and smiles at her. 'Well, come in,sweetheart', she says with April following her. 

'James, you're not going to believe who's here!' her mum yells at her father who's sitting in the kitchen. 'Who?' He then looks at his lovely daughter and his face lits up and a smile appears. 'April!' he says and gives her a big bearhug. 'Oh, dad , I missed you so much', April says as she hugs him back thightly.

'I missed you too my little girl', he says while patting her back.

'Hello Anne! Nice seeing you again!' April's dad says and hugs Anne aswell. 'Nice seeing you too, uncle!' she says and hugs him back.

'Well, let's eat then!' my mum says as she points to the dinner table who's still the same as it was a year ago.

-

Another boring chapter, I know! Soon there's going to happen quite a lot , hehe!

On the side is a picture of Anne :)