13 - Strange

Over the course of the last couple of weeks of training with Mordo, Cassie felt herself spending more and more time in Kamar-Taj. She liked the people there, the atmosphere; but most of all, the books. She had been spending a lot of her time when she wasn't training with Mordo and the library with Wong. He barely talked to her, though she was proud of herself that she got a couple of conversations out of him on her first visit there. He was more open to speaking with her than he was before.

On this particular day, the library was empty. Usually, one or two other training sorcerers would be at the other tables, some even reading with her but today she was by herself. Wong had stepped out for a moment but she could tell by the echo of the footsteps approaching that he was back.

"Cassie," he addressed her urgently. She stood up to face him. "He's coming."

"Who's coming?" She asked him.

"Strange, the doctor that can help you. He arrived last night."

Her eyes widen. Finally some action around here, she thought to herself. "Last night? Why didn't you tell me when I arrived today?"

"He's been in meetings with the Ancient One I didn't think he would be out and about. But he's coming to the library now!"

"Now?" Wong gave her a nod. "Shit!" she exclaimed, scrambling to find her papers amongst the books she was reading. She heard the doors of the library open once more, creaking as they usually did follow by a messy-bearded Stephen Strange. He looked up and met eye contact with him. He gave a slight nod to the two of them as he balanced the books in his hand. Cassie gave out a sigh. "I have no idea how I'm gonna do this."

Wong reached out and put a hand on her shoulder. "You can manage."

"That's not very reassuring," she said but she was cut short by Strange's presence again.

He walked up to the table and put down a pile of books in front of them, Cassie could see a smirk on the ex-neurosurgeon's face. "Hey," he said to both of them.

"Mr. Strange," Wong addressed him.

"Stephen, please," he corrected him. "And you are?"

"Wong. This is Cassie." Wong motioned towards Cassie who was still standing next to him in shock. Benedict Cumberbatch was standing in front of her. Outside of the MCU, she was a really big fan of Sherlock.

"Cassie," Stephen repeated back motioning to her. "Just Cassie?"

"P-Potts," she stumbled out her words. "Cassie Potts."

Stephen nodded and turned to Wong. "And Wong? Just Wong? Like Adele?" Wong stared blankly back at him. She forgot he didn't know much about outside culture, Wong preferred his privacy. "Or Aristotle," Stephen continued but he still just stared forward silently. "Drake...Bono...Eminem..."

Without another word, Wong reached forward to grab the books he placed down. Stephen gave an expression towards Cassie, wondering what Wong did for fun if he didn't know these people. She gave him a shrug to tell him she didn't know. Wong looked at the books. "The Book of the Invisible Sun, Astronomia Nova, Codex Imperium, Key of Solomon. You finished all of these?"

"Yup," he replied popping the p.

"To be fair, so have I," Cassie butted in.

"You haven't been here for less than 24 hours," Wong said before turning back to Stephen. "Come with me." Wong walked away from the table, Stephen following him and Cassie close behind. She smiled, knowing what Wong was going to show him. They walked down the aisle of books before turning into another room, one that Cassie was starting to spend a lot more time in. "This section is for Masters only. But at my discretion, others may use it."