34 - Wakanda

Even though Cassie had been on Earth-19999 for almost an entire year, she had never once been to Wakanda - meaning she didn't know exactly where she would land when she came through the portal. She landed on the grass with a thud, the wind picking up as she took in her new environment. A field surrounded her on all sides, cattle walking freely in the distance.

    "Hey!" said a voice. Turning around, she was greeted at the sight of none other than Sebastian Stan - Bucky Barnes in this universe. "You're the girl that came with Stark to the Hydra Facility. I saw you at Cap's return party."

    "Bucky!" she exclaimed, running over and giving him a hug. He stood stunned for a moment, padding her back awkwardly with the only arm he had. When she pulled away she extended a hand out to him. "Cassie Potts, nice to finally be properly introduced to you."

    "Right...Can I ask what you're doing Wakanda?"

    "Something is coming, well someone-"

    "And we need the White Wolf to help defeat him," said T'Challa, approaching them from across the field with Okoye. "Hello Cassie, good to see you."

    Cassie felt a smile cross her lips. "It's good to see you T'Challa. Did Steve and-"

    "Everyone is already here thanks to you. Shuri has already begun work on the mind stone."

    She felt as if a weight was lifted off her shoulders, a sigh escaping her lips. "Good, that's good."

    "But we are still going to need all the help we can get." He walked forward, placing a box on a tree stump.

    Bucky walked forward curiously with Cassie though she was already filled with excitement. T'Challa opened the box to reveal a new vibranium arm for Bucky, one that didn't have the Hydra star on it.

    "Woah this is so much cooler in person," she said, nudging Bucky slightly. "This is my favorite model."

    He ignored her comment as he peered down into the box before looking back up at T'Challa. "Where's the fight?" he asked.

    T'Challa replied back to him. "On its way...." he turned to Cassie. "You have these portal powers Natasha speaks of?"

    She nodded. "Tell me where to send us and I can."

    "To the main tower would suffice. We'll regroup with everyone."

    "You got it, boss." Cassie turned to the empty field turning her arm in a sweeping potion to open a portal. She thinks she had it under control, remembering the setting of the movie.

    It wasn't long before a portal formed large enough for them all to step through. They entered the living space in the Wakandan main tower, a circle of sofas in the middle where the Avengers sat - Steve, Natasha, Wanda, Rhodey, Sam, and Bruce all waiting for the next step in their plan. They peered over at Cassie and everyone stepped through the portal.

    Steve was the first to stand up. He walked over, giving Bucky a friendly hug before turning his attention to Cassie. "Where's Tony?" he asked.

    "In space, he's won't be joining us," she responded.

    "I don't-"

    "Is everyone okay?"   

    "Some of Thanos' groupies attacked us at the compound, we got out just in time," Natasha said.

    "The Black Order attacked the compound? Is anyone injured? Where's Vision."

    Wanda responded, "We're safe now, Natasha injured one of them pretty badly. Vision's still with Shuri working on the stone."