7 - A Delicious Mess

Once Cassie got on the jet, she saw Happy make a b-line for the back seat. She knew from watching Spider-Man: Homecoming that he liked his peace and she wasn't about to go and change that. She opted to take a seat in the front, plopping down her bag on the seat next to her. Taking out her phone, she went to the camera app hoping to catch a pic of Happy settling into his seat.

    She brought her phone up from behind her chair when Peter had stepped onto the jet. "What are you doing?" He asked.

    Cassie jumped, turning around and accidentally taking a blurry picture of Peter. "Oh my god, Peter you scared me!"

    "Sorry," he said sheepishly. "Are you documenting your trip too?" He took a seat across from her in the front.

    He leaned forward with his phone out, trying to open it and get to his camera roll. She peered down at it as he scrolled. She always wondered what would be on his phone. He had Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter, all of which she assumed he would have before he opened his photos. There were lots of pictures of lego sets and lightsaber battles with Ned, a couple of decathlon photos, pictures of school work, and selfies with Aunt May. She smiled at those. Eventually, he reached his videos of the airport fight.

    "I've been documenting everything here just for me to have. Ya know, battling the Avengers." He gave out an embarrassed chuckle as the video began. She watched as she saw one of the videos from the start of homecoming.

    In the video, Peter was filming the Avengers talking in the airport hanger, he spoke in a voice-over. "Oooh look and there's Captain America! He's so cool! And Black Widow! woaaah I can't believe I'm here right now!" Before the video Peter could continue any more, he paused the video putting his phone back in his jacket pocket.

    "Sorry that was embarrassing," he said.

    "No it's really cute," Cassie responded absent-mindedly.

    "What?" He said sitting up.

    Cassie sat up. "What?"

    "W-what did you say?" Peter's face began to redden and Cassie's eyes went wide. He put a hand on the back of his neck, rubbing it nervously.

    Did I really just say that? She thought. "I said it's cool! Yeah, filming all that stuff is cool. I've been just taking photos." Cassie took out her phone to show him, careful to not scroll up on her other photos in her camera roll.

    "Well here," Peter said taking her phone and opening the camera. He moved to the seat next to her and flipped the camera towards them and hit record. "Look, Cassie! We're on a private jet! Isn't this so cool!"

    He turned to look at her with a smile. He barely knew her and he already knew how to make her smile. "Yeah this is insane," she said to him and the camera. "I've never been on a private jet before."

    "I've never taken a jet or plane at all!" Peter told her.

    "You've never flown before?"

    "My first time was on the way to Germany!" Both teens gave out a little chuckle at Peter's inexperience at flying. "I sat right next to Happy he was very upset."

    Cassie gasped and grabbed Peter's arm. "We should prank him!"

    "Yes! What do you have in mind?"

    Cassie grabbed the phone from Peter and stopped recording. She turned to face him fully in her seat next to him. "Here's what we should do."

    Cassie and Peter devised their plan to prank Happy while he slept but it was shortly interrupted by the jet's take off. As the plane started to roll across the runway and the cabin began to shake, she saw Peter's face begin to scrunch.