17 - Eye of Agamotto

"I can't believe you, Cassie. After everything I've done for you and then you just go out on the streets alone, trying to fight crime!" Tony had just come back from India, already pissed at her. "What were you thinking?"

"That I need more practice with my powers if I want to get home!" She told him. "This was before you agreed to let me train I didn't think I was getting enough practice at the sanctum."

"But going out fighting crime with Peter? You're supposed to be looking after him, not getting into trouble with him."

"I'm sorry, Tony. Peter is gonna go through a lot this year and I thought that it would be better to help him than let him suffer!"

Tony crossed his arms over his chest, trying to think of what to say. "I just wish you would have told me first."

Cassie looked up at him. "You would have let me?"

"Maybe. I asked you to train to be an Avenger didn't I?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you... you've just been so busy and I should not even be on this earth in the first place-"

"Hey," he interrupted her, walking across the room. "I don't care if you weren't meant to be here. You are now and that's all that matters. My life would be a lot worse if it weren't for you, right?"

She smiled. "Yeah, way worse off believe me." A ding sounded from her pocket; it was her alarm. She pulled it out and turned it off. "I have to get to Kamar-Taj."

"Be careful," said Tony.

Cassie nodded as she opened a portal. "Always."

When she got to the training room floor, it was busier than ever. Stephen has been getting better at his sorcery and Cassie knew that Dormammu would become a threat soon. She saw the Ancient One in the courtyard, watching over people train. On the other side, he and Mordo prepared to fight.

Stephen reached down to adjust his shoe, he looked up as she approached them. "Hello Cassie," he said.

"Hello Stephen, Mordo." Mordo gave a nod as he fixed the waistline of his pants.

Stephen turned back to talk to him. "So just how ancient are they?" he asked, referring to the Ancient One.

"No one knows the Age of the Sorcerer Supreme, only that they never talk about their past," Mordo told him.

"They are about 500 years old," Cassie said blatantly. Both the men towards to look at her in shock but all she did was shrug her shoulders. "I told you, I know things."

"And just how do you know these things?" Stephen asked her.

"I'm from another earth, I thought they would have told you this. Once your strong enough, you're mean to help bring me home."

Stephen raised an eyebrow and looked at Mordo for more information. "Cassie is right. In her universe, we are nothing but movies and comic books."

"Movies huh? Have I been in anything interesting?"

"Oh loads of stuff, though most people know you for playing Sherlock. You're British where I come from."

"Huh... anyways," he said, turning back to Mordo in a ready stance, trying to catch him off guard. It didn't work.

"You must trust your teacher, and don't lose your way," he told him. He looked towards Cassie. "You want to join?"

She put her hands up and walked backward. "No, no, I want to see where this is going," she said with a smirk.