07. nothing to lose

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

ANDIE WATCHED AS MINHO AND THOMAS walked away, their backs facing her as they wandered into the woods, heading towards the Map room

She decided against going, not wanting to accidentally throw another punch to the boy's face. She was still provoked from Thomas getting her punished, feeling he fully deserved the encounter with her fist.

Turning away, Andie let out a long breath, heading to check up on the new Greenie. Before she could make it inside however, she was stopped by Chuck.

"Hey, Andie!" The girl smiled the instant she saw the chubby kid waddle her way, his curls bouncing as he beamed.

"Chuck," she greeted him.

He sighed as he stopped in front of her, panting slightly from the light jog he had taken her way.

"Here," he extended his hand, the familiar blade between his fingers. Andie gratefully took the knife, putting it in the holster on her hip.

"Does this mean you finished it?"

"I did." Chuck grinned like a Cheshire Cat, nodding in confirmation.

Andie shook her head in anticipation, waiting for him to show the wooden figure off. He had been working on it for over a week now after all.

"It's back by the hammocks, but I'll show you it later. Promise." He began descending backwards, Andie nodding at his word. "I'll hold you to it."

With another grin her way, the boy took off, Andie doing the same. Upon entering the hut—as usual—Andie grimaced at the sight of Alby, feeling only slightly fortune his whimpers had calmed.

When she moved on, making her way towards the bed the supposed sleeping girl was occupying, she was surprised to see no one there.