01. time of the month

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

ANDIE LOOKED AWAY FROM THE BOX—where the familiar blaring sound emitted from—and back down towards her bloody and bruised knee

She had taken quite the fall the day prior as she ran the Maze with her fellow Runner Minho. It resulted in a bloody mess, her knee cap having been cut open, but the girl of course shrugged it off, saying she'd patch herself up the moment they got back.

When they did, she didn't except the help from the two Med-jacks Clint and Jeff, saying she'd get the job done herself despite their and Minho's protest.

Regardless of her not being a Med-jack of any sort, the girl still knew how to take care of herself, having been in the Glade alone after all.

Therefor, like one of course should, she unwrapped her bandaged knee to get a good look at it and check for any infection. She was pleased to see that the wound seemed to be healing rather nicely after having been stitched up.

Hearing hollers and cheers sounding from outside the hut she found herself in, she glanced up for a mere second, curiosity getting the best of her.

She wasn't one to be to keen on the new Greenie's that showed up each month, at least not like she used to. After discovering that there only ever showed up teens of the male species, disappointment butchered the little excitement she had left in the first place.

Even though she loved the company of most if not all of the boys, she couldn't help but wish for another female to enter the Glade. She often wondered what it would be like. If they would gossip and share secrets, or perhaps braid each other's hair. She had no idea, but for the time being she had Chuck for the latter, the younger boy having found a liking to doing the girl's hair.

Looking back down to her messed up knee, she grabbed a cloth and dipped it in some clean water, rinsing off the brittle and dried blood covered edges of her wound. Finishing up, she wrapped her knee once again, this time with clean bandages from a freshly new medical pack.