Chapter 9

Never in my entire life have I felt so much pain. Even when I was forced into slavery and had my innocence taken from me, had I never felt this much heartache. I guess when you are being denied the one thing that was made to love you, it makes you feel like nothing is worth anything anymore.

2 weeks ago my mate rejected me and now I am a shell of who I really am. I don't really talk to anyone anymore. Not even Dan or Maria. I do my job and then I take care of Alessandro. He has taken a great liking to Dan. Every time I see them together it hurts to know that my baby won't get a good father figure in his life. Sure he can have uncles and friends but he needs a father and his is a sick r*pist bastard. 

I guess you can say I changed these past two weeks. I promised I would never love my mate again but every time I see him I can't help but love him more no matter what he did to me. He will always be my mate, my true love. 

Every time I see him with a girl hanging around his neck, I can't help but be jealous that they get to touch him and kiss his while he doesn't spare me a glance. Life just isn't fair.

I gently pick up Alessandro from his crib. He has been very fussy lately. He has been waking up in the middle of the night crying then falling asleep only to wake up crying again. I am really starting to get worried. Maria told me that it was normal for a baby to wake up at night but to me it doesn't feel right. I know his cries but the ones I hear at night are like he is in pain. 

His gentle cry brings me out of my thoughts as I try to see whats wrong. I have checked his diaper, took his temperature and made sure everything was good but he keeps crying and it makes me cry as well.

"Shhh it's okay baby, mommy's here. Mommy's here." I coo at him. His whimpers died down. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I look down at him. His long beautiful eyelashes are wet with tears. I can't ignore this. 

I wrap Alessandro in a thin blanket and make my way to the living room where I know I will find Maria. It is about two in the afternoon so I know that she is reading her book while having a cup of tea to relax her. 

"Maria?" I said quietly. Maria looks up from her book. Concern flashes in her eyes, probably because I have tears rolling down mine.

"Sasha, sweetheart what's wrong?"

A sob comes out of my mouth. "Something is wrong with him. I can feel it"

I clutch my sleeping son closer to me as he whimpers in his sleep gently rocking him.

"I know you said that him waking up in the middle of the night is normal, but I know deep down that it isn't. Something is hurting my baby."

No one can deny a mothers instinct. I know something or some one is hurting him.

"I'll call the pack doctor right away" Maria says as she takes out her phone and calls the doctor to the pack house. "Why don't we wait in your room."

I nod my head and make my way to my room with Maria trailing behind. I make my way to my bed cradling Alessandro. I rock him back and forth but he still whimpers. Then I decided to sing for him. A lullaby that my mother use to sing for me.  A lullaby that I sang to myself everyday while I was on captivity. The Blessing

"In the morning when you rise
I bless the sun, I bless the skies
I bless your lips, I bless your eyes
My blessing goes with you

In the nighttime when you sleep
Oh I bless you while a watch I keep
As you lie in slumber deep
My blessing goes with you

This is my prayer for you
There for you, ever true
Each, everyday for you
In everything you do 

And when you come to me
Ad hold me close to you
I bless you
And you bless me, too"