Mitch

"How do you know my name?" My friend asks, confused.

"Come in and I will explain, biggums. Jay and Jessica can come in, too." I respond. Mitch hesitates for a second then calls out to his family.

"I found a place to stay! Come here!"

Jessica and Jay walk out of the shadows then follow Mitch inside. I lead them to the kitchen, then place three extra plates at the table.

"Go ahead and eat." I tell them before turning to my wife, "This is Mitch, Jessica and Jay. Some old friends of mine from the village."

"Okay, dear." My wife smiles.

"Mitch, here I go by Max. You know me by Jerome." I shift into a bacca and Mitch looks at me strangely.

"Jerome?" He whispers, "How did you do that?"

"Remember how I was captured by bunnies? Well, they did experiments on Lancey and me. I got fish and hunan DNA inside of me. Lancey got goat, wolf, sheep, shark, and fish DNA." I hastily explain.

"So who is she?" Mitch points at Iceburg.

"My wife." I explain.

"You are married?" Mitch explodes, "Congratulations, man!"

"And about to be a father." I add. At this Jessica looks at me.

"How long have you been together?" She questions.

"Four years. Three dating, and one married." Iceburg explains.

"Jay, remember your godfather?" Mitch prompts Jay.

"Uncle Rome! Uncle Rome!" She shrieks. I smile.

"That's right. Uncle Rome." I ruffle her hair.

"Uncle Lance!" She notices Lancey, "Ups!"

Lancey looks at Mitch, then picks Jay up. She yawns, and I tell Lancey to take her up to the second guest room. Mitch and Jessica finish eating, then follow them.

"Jerome? This is one strange family." Iceburg hugs me. I ruffle her hair.

"But it is our family."