Ian

"Who the Notch are you? How do you know my name?" Ian demands. I lift my hands in surrender, then shift into a bacca. Ian stumbles a bit, then races towards me. "I do not know who you are, but let me tell you this. Nobody impersonates my friend. Jerome is long dead, and I do not need any reminders." He hisses. Lancey goes behind him and pulls him off of me, then I back up a bit. "Ian, it is really me." I say. Ian glares at me, daring me to prove who I am. "I know why you wear those sunglasses... Nai. He comes out when your eyes are uncovered. We met over breakfast at Mitch's house." I stutter. Ian goes up to me and stares me down. I quiver a bit, then regain my composure.

"Where the Notch where you? We looked everywhere for you! And.. How come you looked like a human? And.. Who is this guy?" Ian asks, pointing to Lancey.

"Ian, I am Jerome's friend. My name is Lancey." Lancey says. I go on to explain how we were captured by bunnies and how we went back to my village.

"Fine. But this does not explain why you turned from a human to a bacca." Ian says. I glance at Lancey and nod. He takes off his hat and pulls his collar down. I turn into a human then pull my collar down, also.

"The bunnies did experiments on us. I got the DNA of a fish and a human, and Lancey got the DNA of a goat, wolf, sheep, shark, and a fish." I explain. Ian mutely glances at us. He reaches forward and strokes Lancey's wool. I back up a bit, letting it sink in. Ian turns around and goes up to me. He leans in close and stares me down. I back away slowly, and Ian leaps backward. He turns around, again, then glances up through the trees. I tilt my head and hear a rustle. "Lion." Lancey, Ian, and I mutter in unison. At the same moment a great, golden, shape rushes out of a large bush. Ian is knocked down, his sunglasses flying. "Lancey, kill the lion! I have to control Nai!" I bellow. Lancey nods then takes Ian's sword, which fell from his hand when he was battered. I rush to Nai, and jostle the sunglasses out of his hand. Nai backs up and hisses, spraying spit everywhere. "Nai! Nai needs blood!" He screeches. I jam the sunglasses forward, and they touch his head. Nai slaps me, but I hold firm. I manage to dodge his teeth and jam the sunglasses on him. Nai goes down, foaming and screeching. I run to help Lancey, stick at the ready. I jab at the lion's hide, wounding it. Lamcey stabs at his mouth, causing him to go down in a sea of blood. The lion squirms for a few seconds, then goes still. I nudge him with my foot, then turn to Ian. "So, how about that. Lions. Who would have guessed?" I laugh.