Aphrodite

The agent slowly walked, kneeling close to his daughter. His baby girl.

She was beautiful, as he always imagined her to be.

“H-Hey…” he approached her carefully “It’s okay” he whispered, softly “No one is going to hurt you”

Diane looked at him, hesitatingly

“I promise” he spoke again, extending his hand for her to get to him “Did someone hurt you?”

The little girl gulped, slowly shocking her head “N-No… not t-today”

Robert raised an eyebrow “Did they ever hurt you?!”

Taking a deep breath, she stared at her father “N-Not that much…” she whispered

The agent gulped “Hey… I will not hurt you, ok? In fact, no one will ever hurt you again.” He bit his lip “Who’s that man that brought you here?”

Staring at him, closely, she did not reply

“You will not be with them anymore. I will take care of you, now, ok?”

The little girl seemed surprised and yet, confused.

“What is your name?” Robert softly asked. After all, who knew if they called her by her real name.

“D…”

“D?” He sadly smiled “They call you D?”

She softly nodded

“So, D… I promise I will take good care of you… and…” he looked away, wiping his tears “I am not leaving you again…”

The little girl, still confused and not understanding what was going on, slowly approached him “W-Why are you crying?” she asked

“Oh…” he breathed “I have been looking for you… for a very long time”

“F-For me?” she asked surprised “W-Why?”

I am your father, D. He thought. But no… how could he just tell her that, straight away. She was only three years old, almost four.

He had to tell her, over the time…

“I knew they were hurting you and… they cannot do that. A family does not do that. They love and take good care of each other”

Her petite body approached his kneeling one even more “W-What’s your name?”

“Robert,” he sadly smiled “I’m… Robert…” he reached to touch her petite hand.

And she accepted his hand and, slowly his hug.

“Oh, god…” he breathed, holding her tightly against him, letting the countless tears falling down “I am so sorry, baby… I am so s…”

“Don’t cry…” she sweetly looked at him, with those big petrifying eyes “Did they hurt you?!”

He shocked his head “No, no…” he breathed “I am just so happy I found you, Diane…”

“My name is D…” She raised her eyebrow

He gulped, quickly nodding “D…”

“C-Can I go with you, Robert?” she asked, sweetly staring at him

He smiled between his tears “Of course. I am going to take good care of you, I promise, D” he kissed her forehead, melting her petite body.

She had grown within that environment, lacking any kind of affection or love. Still, growing up, she was always a very empathetic and sweet little girl. And the agent could see that, even if she hesitated in the first contact, she would not want to let go, after a while.