Locked

“Z-Zoe?”

“Shhh!” she said again

Slowly and painfully, the agent approached her “They don’t know I am here” she slipped him a small sandwich, between the bars “Please eat, and find strengths Rob… please… there’s no hope without you”

He observed her, surprised “Y-you are s-sneaking around?”

“They never noticed me on our plane… I sneaked inside” she whispered, occasionally looking around “Could not leave you, guys!” she spoke “What should I do now, Rob?”

Robert stood still, staring at her, still amazed at her. She, the little fragile girl… was now the one who would possibly be everyone’s salvation.

Zoe constantly looked around her, making sure no one would see her there “Rob?” she sadly looked at him “Are you ok? You will be ok, will you not?”

The agent sadly smiled “I’ve been worse, Z-Zoe”

“Rob… tell me what to do, I’ll do it…”

“You should get yourself somewhere safe, Zoe… I cannot afford losing any of you”

“Rob!” she frowned “I am not leaving here alone”

Her determination scared him.

“Please”

The agent looked down, taking a deep breath. Even that hurt, at the moment.

“Keep yourself in dark spots” he whispered “Careful with your shoes, if you feel safe and comfortable, wear only socks, on the inside”

She quickly nodded “Those are definitely more silent”

“Yes...” Robert whispered “But be careful, Zoe” he worriedly said “If you need to run at any moment, socks are not in your…”

“That will not happen” she said, pretty confident

He smiled “I am really proud, Zoe”

The girl bit her lip, reaching for his hand, between the bars “I will never forget what you did for me… for all those ladies, even for my brother…” she gulped “Let me do something, this time”

“I just want you to be ok, Zoe. I would not forgive myself”

“Rob… it will be ok, if you tell me what to do…” she insisted “you always know what to do…”

He took a deep breath “Can you come here, easily?”

“I can find a way”

“Where are you staying for a rest?”

“I found a small spot in this large room where they keep old and useless stuff”

Robert slowly nodded “Start by sneaking around and get to know this place…”

Zoe excitedly nodded as the agent continued “Get to know how big it is… how many people are there, more or less, try to know where they are keeping Claire and Belle… and the guys… everything you hear that you think is useful, save it in your mind…”

“Yes, I will”

“Start by that… then come and give me information’s… I’ll try to know exactly what Renner wants from me”

“Easy” Zoe rolled her eyes “Your penis”

“Nah, she can get any penis she wants” Robert spoke

“She is nymphomaniac, trust me, Rob” Zoe explained “And she knows where your baby is… she will probably blackmail you”

The agent looked down “I don’t know… and this was all a trap”