A17: 𝘙𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴...𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘪𝘥𝘦.

Grace

A second loud buzz came humming through the air as everyone lifted their head to see the new source of noise. The sight of another large berg flying through the air made my stomach drop, the dark shadow and bright spotlight growing closer and closer. Its large metal wings blowing sand through my hair and into my eyes,making me squint slightly.

I kept my eyes cold and steady on the berg, watching as it landed not to far from us, its large back door opening to reveal more Wicked soldiers and a person I never would have expected to see. Dr Ava Paige. I guess she wasn't really dead at all, the whole scene on the video we watched after escaping the maze being faked. Somehow the woman was alive, and how she did it was beyond me. I guess Wicked had a lot of tricks up their sleeves.  

The woman slowly stepped out of the berg, her all white clothes, her bright hair and pale skin being a large contrast to her dark surroundings. It was almost as if she was some sort of beacon in the darkness.

The woman made her way past some of the soldiers, making her way past me as I once again shooted daggers into every inch for her, hoping that these make belief daggers would stain crimson onto her perfectly white clothes. She continued to move towards Janson. "Is this all of them?"

"Most of them." The man replied.

"It'll be enough." She stated, looking around at the sea of helpless imunes and her soldiers."Let's start loading them in."

"Yes Ma'am." Janson replied, giving her a slight nod before the minor smile on his face disappeared. "Okay you heard. Lets go! Get 'em on!" Janson shouted, turning to the Wicked soldiers and workers.

The soldiers began to pull people to their feet, dragging them towards the berg, my eyes remaining cold and angry as I watched the hostile and despaired faces of the people. My face remained hard but my heart ached as I realised I couldn't save these people. Wicked was too strong. And I hated them for that.

I looked over to see Ava Paige, her face unmoving with no emotion, her head held high as she watched the struggling people. Our eyes suddenly met as she glanced toward me then Thomas, before nodding at the soldiers behind us, quickly being pulled to my feet, Thomas at my side.

We were pushed in front of the Chancellor, shrugging the hand off of my shoulder. "Hello Thomas." Ava said, looking towards the brunette next to me. "Hello Grace." She greeted, looking to me. Her eyes didn't look angry or harsh but there was something there that made her look sorrowful, almost regretful.

My gut twisted at the sight of a downhearted Ava, twisting even more as Teresa was escorted to her side, sadness in the girls face as we locked eyes before I quickly turned away.

"I'm glad you're both safe." Ava said, placing a hand on Teresa's back.

"What the hell?"Frypan's voice sounded from behind me. I turned to see him and the rest of our group an incredulous look on their faces. "Teresa?"

"What's going on?" Newt asked with the same british accent as me. His eyes narrowing at the girl.

"She's with them." Thomas said with a glare and a cold and harsh tone.

"Since when?" Minho huffed

"Since the beginning." I said with sadness laced in my voice as I remembered times when we worked in Wicked, telling me about how she wanted to find a cure. Times when we used be friends.

"Teresa always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good. Once we restored her memories, it was only a matter of time." Janson said moving behind the girl as he patted her on the shoulder, before moving to stand next to Ava Paige.