A2: 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

Grace

A sigh escaped my lips as warm water sprayed against my body, filling me with warmth. I had not felt nor had a shower ever since Wicked sent me into the maze and it felt heavenly on my skin. The water ran over my face and hair turning it a darker shade of brown, then dripping of the ends and falling down the drain. I wished the others who were left in the glade could also experience this.

No matter how hard I tried my mind always wandered back to my friends, to Newt and to Thomas. I was worried for them, me and Teresa had been separated from the boys and Thomas was definitely not happy about it, he gripped onto my hand, refusing to let me go until I had told him it was alright and he was reassured he would see me again to which he reluctantly let me go. We had all been put through so much over the years and we were finally out, I couldn't let anything happen to them now.

I gently traced my hands across my arms, wiping away the dirt and blood, all of the memories too, all the sacrifices we made as every mark, bruise and scar reminded me of my three years there.

I slowly stepped out of the shower, a towel rapped around my body as I began to get dressed. I changed into a light blue t shirt and black trousers, instantly feeling refreshed rather than sweaty and wearing the same old dirty clothes I had in the glade.

The door in front slowly opened as it scraped against the floor, revealing a women in a a white lab coat. Motioning for me to follow as she opened the door more for me, I turned my head wondering why Teresa wasn't coming with us "What about Teresa?" I questioned still looking for the raven haired girl, not hearing her or the shower anymore. "She'll be collected shortly." The woman said once again very vaguely, which seemed to be a very common theme around here.

She led me out of the door, leading me down corridor after corridor until she finally took me into a room full of medical supplies, wires, and something that made my heart light up with happiness, my friends.

They all sat on separate chairs, all being inspected by individual doctors. All of their faces full of slight worry and suspicion.

All heads turned to the doors as I walked past them one by one smiling to them. Relief filled my brothers face as a small smile made its way onto his face as I passed by him, slowly making my way passed Thomas. His face fell into relief as he let out a sigh clearly happy to see me, probably wishing he could jump out of the chair and hug me until the end of the world. I smiled at the brunette as he copied my actions before I sat in a spare chair, relatively close to Newt.

The doctor began to walk around, looking in different draws and cupboards, before pulling out a syringe and grabbing my arm about to put the needle into my skin. "What are you doing? What is that?" I questioned still not trusting the people here.

"Its just a few things you were deprived of when being in the maze. Everyone needs them." She explained motioning to the others. I turned to look around the room my eyes looking at each of my friends, Minho was running on a treadmill, his breathing slightly heavy, his hair as perfect as it used to be and his shirt once again tight on his biceps making it look like he had muscles. Newt then sat next to me looking at the doctor nervously, wondering what he was doing. Then I turned to look at Thomas who sat across the room from me, watching the doctor as well, him to looking suspiciously, as my eyes raked over his figure, noting how hot he looked sat there, the veins prominent as he held out his arm.

His eyes turned to look at me, finally removing his gaze from the doctor, his lips turning into a small smile as he saw me. I stuck my tongue out the boy causing him to chuckle slightly as I copied the action, I could clearly see Newt chuckle out of the corner of my eye, clearly watching both of us making me laugh slightly even more at now protective and nosy he was. However I could see both of their faces harden as the nurse grabbed my face turning me to her as she looked at my face for any scrapes or bruises.