A7: "𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘙𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘒𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘙𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨"

𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙮𝙧𝙞𝙘 𝙗𝙮 𝙍𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮

Grace
I suddenly awoke as the arm - which most likely belonged to Thomas - was ripped away from my presence. I slowly rubbed my eyes, startling me as I remembered we weren't in Wicked anymore, remembering the occurrences of last night, wondering if the cranks had left and if we were free from their ear piercing screams and their lust for our blood. "Are they gone?" Newt asked voicing my concern.

"Yeah I think we're safe for now." Thomas said looking down at my brother before looking to the other sleepy members of  our group. "Lets pack it up."

A small sigh left my lips, I didn't want to go anywhere just yet, we had spent the whole of last night running and screaming; both my legs and throat were still sore from their exercise.

"Hey baby how you doing?" Thomas' voice said from behind me making me jump, not noticing he was there or that he had come over.

I turned my head to look at him a small smile on his face, as one was placed on mine ; I could feel my cheeks heat up "That ones new. First love, then angle, now baby... I like it." I said slightly giggling as he copied my actions, looking at the floor then back at me.

"I think I used to call you all those before the maze." He said with an adorable smile placed an his face.

I slowly leant towards the boy, placing a kiss on the boys lips before moving back, looking into his eyes. The hazel brown eyes I loved so much, the eyes I have gotten lost in so many times ever since he entered the glade. Or really before that, remembering we knew each other before the maze. "Well i'm very glad you remember that because I definitely don't want those names to stop." I said before standing up, along with Thomas.

"But really though i'm okay thanks." I said taking a hold of one of his hands. Small groans came from behind me, turning to see Winston on the floor still, he looked horrible and not to be mean but he really did look horrible, his skin a few shade lighter than before and beads of sweat trickling down his forehead as he breathed in shallowly and unevenly. 

"Hey Wins you alright?" I asked moving over to him to help him stand. He shook his head at my question, slightly stumbling as he stood on his feet. "No..no i'm okay." he said leaning on a rock to his side "You know I never knew you were such a good med jack... You should have worked with Clint and Jeff." he said referring to the bandages I put on him./

Both me and him smiled at his words, however a small pit opened in my stomach as I remembered the two fallen medjacks.

***

We eventually left our, temporary camp, after everyone had all of their belongings and we began to set off on our journey to the right arm.

We quickly made our way into a city, or really what was left of a city. Buildings stood tall in the burning sunlight, reaching to the pale and empty blue sky, however some lay on their side like some fallen soldier. Cars were littered along the old roads, some doors and lights plucked from the metal as the windows lay in shards.

"What the hell happened to this place?" Frypan questioned as he twisted his head to look at the many old and abandoned things in this town.

"I don't know doesn't look like anyone's been here in a long time." Newt replied, his head also turning to get a good look at this place, his eyes squinting from the burning sun.