Cute and Romantic, Right?

"Max is going to kill me." Aleks mumbled as he slid the bag onto his shoulder. Last night was fun, it had involved kissing and cuddling and movie watching, everything that Aleks missed with Max. That was how things were, all cute and romantic until Max just sort of changed. 

"No he won't, just remember not to say anything to him, until after he gets home. He goes to the house later than I do and I don't want to be too far away when that happens. Who knows what he'll do." Jordan said, wrapping his arms around Aleks. Aleks nodded, resting his head on Jordan's shoulder and feeling Jordan press a kiss to Aleks' cheek. Aleks smiled into his shoulder, pulling away so they could leave. 

If it was up to Aleks, than he would just stay at Jordan's apartment forever. Never talk to Max again and just run away as soon as possible. However Jordan loved it here, and Aleks liked Jordan. He had to figure something out so that he was away from Max. Forever.

When Aleks saw his and Max's apartment in sight, his breath caught in his throat. Max was standing outside, a plastic bag in hand. A plastic bag with red and white cartons pushed up against it.

"Do you want me to just drive off?" Jordan asked. Aleks chuckled despite knowing full well what was in that bag. he also knew that he was in for it. Aleks shook his head, taking a deep breath as Jordan slowed the car and stopped in front of the apartment steps. 

"I'll text you later." Aleks whispered, as if Max would be able to hear him through the metal that was Jordan's car. Jordan nodded, smiling at Aleks as he got out. As soon as Jordan drove away Aleks regretted everything. He should've told Jordan to keep going and never stop. Max stood on the steps, that plastic bag in hand and sunglasses covering his eyes. There was no greeting, just the bag being thrown at Aleks' feet. Aleks looked down, seeing his dirty little habit splayed on the ground.

"So you smoke?" Max asked, an annoyed tone to his voice. Aleks didn't look up, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. 

"Answer me, Aleksandr." Max demanded. However Aleks didn't listen, instead he reached in his pocket. He fiddled with the buttons on his flip phone, being able to hit the number 4 and the call button while Max came down the stairs. 

"Hello?" Sly's voice came through the phone in Aleks' pocket. Quiet enough that Max didn't hear it. Aleks could only wish that the cracking noise caused by Max's fist hitting Aleks' fist was quiet enough that Sly didn't hear it. Although as the world became a fusion of black dots and Max's fist, Aleks couldn't really bring himself to care.