Lunch, Date?

"What kind of poor excuse was that?" Sly questioned as he pulled out of the driveway and began to head towards Applebee's. Aleks shrugged, staring out the window as Sly drove. Aleks didn't get out of the house much. He didn't have a car, and Max wouldn't let him drive his unless it was absolutely necessary. Which hadn't happened yet. 

"It wasn't an excuse it was the truth." Aleks told him, continuing to watch out the window opposed to looking at his best friend. 

"Aleks, is everything okay? With you and Max?" Sly questioned. Aleks was tempted to shake his head. To answer Sly honestly and say no, everything's not okay. He beats me almost everyday and he raped me just last night. He forces me into things I don't want and I can't do anything about it. Instead Aleks nodded, assuring Sly that everything was fine. 

"Are you sure? Everything doesn't seem fine." Sly told him, pulling into the parking lot.

"Eddie, if anything were to go wrong than I would tell you. You know that." Aleks told him, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"You'd tell me if you could Aleksandr. But we both know you're tendacy of half-truths." Sly said honestly, getting out of the car. Aleksandr followed him inside, halting their conversation until they were seated at a table and the waiter had already left to get their drinks. A cute waiter at that. Wait, what was Aleks thinking? If Max knew what Aleks had even thought at that moment, Aleks didn't like to think about it.

"By the way, that foundation doesn't match your skin tone." Sly giggled as he looked at his menu. Aleks rolled his eyes, a slight blush rising on his cheeks.

"I'm not wearing makeup, jerk." Aleks replied.

"Sure you are, to cover up your black eye. At least I assume it's a black eye. I mean their's an obvious circle. Maybe it's just obvious to me." Sly rambled on. Pausing to giggle at his own jokes before asking Aleks how he got it.

"Just tripped and fell." Aleks mumbled, staring at his menu as Sly nodded.

"Is that the lie Max is making you tell? By the way I think I'm going to go with the cheeseburger this time. What do you think?"