six.

༄

Once home, it was six-thirty in the morning. She had a meeting scheduled that day at one o'clock, which gave her enough time to get some more sleep. The promised herself to respond back to Phoebe once she awoke again, seeing to as she had fifteen missed calls from her and ten unread messages. Leta felt different when she went home and got into her own bed. She was going to have a duplicate; the ability to find time for herself if all went well. All of her problems were going to be solved in no more than a month!

Just knowing she was in the process of being made, she knew this month was going to be worth the wait. Closing her eyes, she fell fast asleep once more.

Awaking herself a few hours later, she readied herself for work- being sure to hide all of her bandages as best as possible- and then set on her way down the elevator to the main floor. Once more being greeted by Hue the bellhop, she held her phone to her ear calling Phoebe when she was greeted by her outside of the building.

"I was just calling you, how funny!" She said, holding her arms out to greet Phoebe with a hug like usual.

"You didn't return any of my calls or messages, Leta. I was so worried I almost called the police and reported you as a missing person!" She said, her tone laced with slight irritation. Leta looked down at her feet, biting her lip in shame.

"I know and I am so sorry, it won't happen again, I promise." She said truthfully. She knew she was wrong for that, but she was just so caught up in everything yesterday, she completely put off Phoebe.

"You didn't even tell me where you were going." She said, ushering Leta into the vehicles back seat. Once she was inside too, Leta tried to think of what to tell her. She didn't want her know of her knew investment, it would make her life complicated let alone Phoebe would probably be offended over the fact that she kept over-booking her schedule on a daily basis.

"I uh, went and visited mom and dad yesterday." She lied, not making eye contact with her.

"That's not very convincing. Besides, why wouldn't you tell me you were going to see them, what's the big secret?" Phoebe asked, causing Leta to close her eyes and wince. "Listen, if you don't want to tell me, then fine. But just return my calls or messages to let me know you're okay." She said, causing Leta to release the breath she had been holding. Nodding her head in agreement, they arrived at the office and began they're ritual day to day routine.

The only thing that was different, was Leta's new video diaries. Doing these daily in her office and at home, she revealed a lot about herself, her history and the people around her. Having her camera recording during meetings, taking pictures and small video clips at events, anything that would be deemed useful to Dr. Nash for her AI.

Phoebe had noticed her doing this and questioned her why, only for Leta to tell her she had always been interested in doing a video diary for personal reasons. Not to mention the many people she creeped out at meetings and events when explaining to her phone that was recording who this person was and what they did and how they met. She had noticed the decline in event invites, which she found to be hilarious, but shrugged it off anyway.

Before she knew it, the month had already gone by and she was anticipating the call from Dr. Nash informing her of the news. Was everything going well? Were they successful? Oh she hoped everything went fine! She hadn't visited the institute since they're first meeting. The only correspondence they had was from her sending of pictures, voice recordings and videos through messaging and email. Nothing more. By now her abrasions were scars and no longer wounds. The one on her arm was shaped like a crescent moon and the one on the back of her neck was more so a circular gash. She didn't mind it too much due to her hair being able to cover it up when it was down.

As a few days over a month came and went, she began to find herself stressed out. She was constantly checking her phone every second of the day, she stressed so in her video diaries too, hopefully giving her AI all of the diverse emotions it called for to be qualified as a human.

Just when she couldn't take it anymore, she was just about to call Dr. Nash when her phone rang. Answering it in excitement, she raised the phone to her ear.

"Hello!?" She asked quite quickly.

"Hello, is this a Ms. Levinski?" A female voice said from the other end.

"Yes, this is she." She said back.

"Hi, my name is Martha, I'm calling from Dr. Nash's institute. We were wondering if you could come in and visit us as soon as you could?" Leta was practically radiating with excitement.

"I will be there as soon as I can!" She answered, nearly jumping with joy. But then again she had to remind herself that this could be bad news. Telling Phoebe to cancel her invitation for a party for the night and to send them a bouquet of flowers, a box of chocolates and an apology card, she was once more driving off in a rental out of the city to the institute. Once more not telling Phoebe of her whereabouts and why for the first time ever was whatever she was doing much more important than attending a party? She never ever failed to attend a party, no matter who was dying or not. Phoebe became very suspicious quickly.