fourteen.

༄

Just as they made it to the elevator, Leta looked back one more time at her house to see the mangled body of the AI running straight at them.

"Doctor watch out!" She screamed, as he turned and quickly pushed her out of the way so he would be hit with the impact instead of her. He headless AI rammed him onto the glass window that overlooked the city, causing it t crack straight in the middle. He struggling against its force as it grabbed for his neck, lifting him up and then slamming him back into the window, causing it to crack even more.

Knocking the wind out of him, Dr. Nash clawed at its vice like grip around his throat. He was able to kick it off of him as it stumbled back. His body slid down the window ad crumpled to the floor. Trying to catch his breath, he maneuvered out of the way as it brought its fist down, connecting it with the window, shattering it completely. The glass fell down multiple stories and littered across the sidewalk below onto pedestrians.

Once more grabbing the Doctor as he tried to get away, the mangled AI pushed him onto the ledge of the broken glass, sharp pieces burying themselves into his flesh as he cried out in pain, pushing him over the edge until he was merely hanging by a thread out the window. No longer worrying about trying to get the AI's hand off of his throat, he gripped the window frame, trying so hard as not to fall as the city below him screamed and the wind howled around him. But as his grip tried to tighten, not to much working as his hands were cut and bleeding pretty badly, he began to slip as it tried to force him to fall down and out of the window.

Just as he was holding on by the last few fingers, the AI was pushed forward by a strong force and it flew right over him and out the window. In complete shock, the Doctor pulled himself into the building and landed face first onto the glass covered ground of the hallway, along with Leta who laid on the floor next to him. Both were heaving pretty heavily as they both stayed there until the sound of help could be heard.

Firefighters made their way to them, helping them up and trying to place them on stretchers. But there was one thing Leta and Dr. Nash needed to know, was it over? Both making their way to the broken window, they peered out cautiously to the ground below them.

And there it was, the shattered and mangled body of the Cloned AI that went completely wrong. Its name was Leta Levinski and now it was dead. Sighing in relief, the Doctor and Leta embraced and cried as the firefighters dispatched downstairs and placed them onto the stretchers, taking them down the elevator and out the front doors of the building.

Into the back of an ambulance, she was put on oxygen and rushed to the hospital. She figured Dr. Nash was in the same predicament as she was in this moment. On the way there, Leta wondered if life would ever be the same again. As she laid there, no longer able to feel a single thing in her body, she closed her eyes. This was the end of the mess she brought onto herself and everyone else, this was it.

She vowed if she made it out of this to never complain about her scheduling again. Relaxing didn't turn out to be all that she thought it would. And she swore on her grandmothers grave to never ever, ever mess with the likes of AI intelligence again, or Cloning.

But then again, Leta Levinski wasn't the only one. And her AI swore in the up rise of the human race downfall. Was it all talk? Did it really mean that? What if she had connections with other AI's like itself?

The only question that plagued the minds of Dr. Nash and Leta as they were rushed to the hospital was; "What Have I done?"

- end