three.

༄

The days went by and as the date grew closer and closer, Leta found herself growing antsy with excitement. Even Phoebe noticed it too, asking her if she had a new beau in mind that was making her happy. Unfortunately, that wasn't even close to being true for Leta. Love just wasn't for her, at least not so soon.

The day had arrived and all of her meetings that day seemed to drag on a lot slower than she had anticipated. After practically shoving out the last person, she sprinted for her office, called for Phoebe to get her a rental car down at the front in fifteen minutes and gathered all of her information she needed to have with her at this meeting.

Once down the elevator and out the front door, Phoebe was there holding the door open for her. "Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you?" She asked, looking at her with concern.

"No, no that won't be necessary. I'll be fine." Leta said, tossing her stuff into the back seat. Getting into the vehicle, she was just about to shut the door when Phoebe stopped her.

"Call me if you need anything, okay?" She said seriously. Leta just smiled and nodded her head at her.

"I will, I promise." And with that, she shut the door and off she went heading straight out of the city. Phoebe was too much for her. She loved how motherly she could be and worried about her, but sometimes it was nice when she wasn't like that. Phoebe was much older than Leta was, which explained a lot, but she wasn't that old. If Leta could remember correctly, she was about thirty-five years old? Not that much older than her, but she definitely acted like it. Instead of acting like a bigger sister, she babied Leta, which was nice and annoying at the same time.

After driving for a couple of hours, she made it to the big company. It was a large building made completely of glass, which astonished Leta yet didn't surprise her in a way. Once she parked and made her way through the front doors, she was met by an intelligence of technology that was simply beyond her. Along the windows that also appeared to be walls, Poi fish swam across, colorful waves and ripples following after it as it appeared to be gliding through water.

The sight was exhilarating. She couldn't help but stop and look up at the very high ceiling and spin around in amazement.

"Can I help you?" A voice spoke to her. Turning around quickly, she was met by what seemed to be a very human like AI. The only thing that gave her away was the fact that she didn't have real feet like Leta did, but wheels. Blinking rapidly in surprise, Leta closed her mouth that happened to be left agape and cleared her throat.

"I-I'm Leta Levinski. I have a seven-thirty appointment with Dr. Nash." She answered as confidently as she could. The AI nodded.

"It appears that Doctor Nash is already waiting for you. Please, follow me." And with that, the AI turned and sped off down the hall.

"Oh, okay." Leta said, scurrying behind the robot-like-human as fast as she could. But it had the advantage of wheels unlike Leta, which made it hard to keep up with her as she led her around corner after corner.

Just as she was following her, they passed a lab that had see-through windows. Stopping on her tracks out of pure curiosity, forgetting to continue to follow the AI, Leta through the labs windows.

There were five masked surgeons in the laboratory. Two of them were sitting in front of desk examining something through a Microscope of some sort while the other three seemed to be extracting something from- well, something. Leta couldn't tell what it was, as it was all covered up with blue cloths, but she could tell it had to have been something alive, as there was blood as far as she could see.

"That my dear, is someone's dog." A man's voice rang from beside her, causing Leta to jump in fear. She had been so enthralled by what was in front of her that she hadn't heard him come up beside her.

"Oh!" She exclaimed loudly, placing her had on her chest and laughing nervously. "You scared me." She said, smiling whimsically.

"Sorry." The man said. Then reaching out his hand and smiled at her. "I'm Dr. Nash and you must be Ms. Levinski?" He asked, Leta nodding her head and grabbing his hand to shake it.

"I am, but please, call me Leta."

"Alright then, Leta, how may I be of service to you?" He asked her. Leta sighed and bit her bottom lip.

"Well, I was wondering if you could clone me." She said. Dr. Nash cocked his head sideways at her and raised his eyebrow in question.

"Well, though it isn't my business to know why, although unless you're looking to have your legacy go one for eternity, then I can surely point you into other directions-"

"No, no, that's not why," Leta began with a laugh. "I want you to clone me into an AI." She said, causing him to stop speaking and look her over.

"Hmm. . ." He said, placing his hands in his lab-coat pockets. "How about we head on down to my office and then we can discuss this furthermore into detail with privacy. Shall we?" He gestured for her to follow her down the hall and so she did. Good thing for him was that he wasn't an AI and actually had feet that kept a pace Leta was able to keep up with.