Chapter 7-Drowning in Confusion

"Wow...a lot of people showed up..."

Amy looked at the crowd that danced and laughed.A smile pulled at her lips as she watched Knuckles with white paint on his face dance around like a chief of a tribe.Sticks was behind the stage along with Rouge and Amy herself.The fire dancers were also getting ready along with the girls.

"Hun those moves are the best,"Rouge smiled.

Sticks was in deep thought but managed to nod.Amy looked down at her grass skirt and her pink top.She looked just like a hula girl;she was quite impressed.Sticks did go through with the make over and didn't look half bad.Her fur was not in its usual funky style but groomed and pressed down due to the flower crown on her head.To Amy,she looked very pretty and thankful for Rouge's fashion knowledge.

"We're going on in five,"Rouge said,winking at a muscular fire dancer.

He grinned and buffed up more,standing taller.Amy and Sticks nodded and peeked at the crowd again.Tails was walking around with drinks while Knuckles continued dancing,attracting a crowd.Shadow was outside the party area,sitting in a beach chair.His red eyes stood out like a sore thumb,piercing into Amy.A shiver ran down her spine before she averted her attention back to the crowd.

She scanned the people and sadly saw no familiar blue hedgehog.Disappointed,Amy swallowed hard.'Where is he?Is he not coming to the party?'she asked herself.
A hand was placed on her shoulder,tearing her from her thoughts.Sticks nodded toward the stage.

"We're on."

Rouge signaled the guys on the stage to start playing.The drums started out low,rumbling through the island.Everyone got quiet as the torches blew out.The only light being the two small torches on stage.Amy followed Rouge and Sticks's lead,finding herself on the stage.The fire dancers came behind the girls,then started the dance.The guys held long sticks with fire blazing on both sides.

The crowd awed before one fire dancer threw up the stick and made it swirl before catching it.The drum speed up and all the fire dancers did just as the first had.Amy remembered the moves Sticks showed her and began moving her hips quickly,matching the rhythm of the drums.Rouge and Sticks did the same and started moving gracefully past the fire dancers,careful not to collide.Amy,while dancing,watched the crowd for Sonic.

However he wasn't spotted.She tried to not let the disappointment show on her face as she moved around the stage.Amy felt the crowd's eyes on her and didn't mind the attention.Soon the final dance was preformed and the all the stage's light went out.The drums made one loud pound before the torches and the fire dancer's sticks blew out in unison.Amy held her position as Sticks and Rouge did the same.Everything was quiet before an applause followed.

Soon the crowd began whistling and hooting excitedly,amazed at the performance.A torch lit up with Rouge holding it.She smiled as the flame's reflected off her teal ore eyes.A smile curled on her lips.

"Thank you everyone!Please enjoy the food,drinks,and dancing!"she announced.

The crowd cheered.Just as Rouge walked off the stage,the guys began to play the drums and their type of Luau music.Amy was happy it was over.She had fun though.Walking off stage,she followed Sticks and Rouge.However she lost Rouge.

"Sticks,where's Rouge?"she asked,coming up behind her.

Sticks turned to her,"She disappeared with Knuckles."

Amy decided not to think more about the two.Instead she walked away from the music and toward the shore.Amy looked down at her reflection and smiled softly.Then she slid her skirt off to reveal her red bikini bottoms.Amy let her grass skirt lay in the sand before she slipped off her sandals.Carefully taking off her flower necklace,she dropped it into the water.With a deep sigh of relaxation,she stepped into the water slowly.A shiver ran up her spine when the cold water touched her skin.

Amy walked deeper,letting the soft breeze travel through her short quills.The moon was full,it's rays gleamed down on the water,making it look even prettier than usual.As she walked deeper,the water was up to her waist.The smiled down at the water and began to wade deeper.It was up to underneath her breasts.Content,she relaxed.However she flinched and tensed when she felt arms slowly slip around her waist.

Amy blinked.Thinking it was Sonic,she relaxed and smiled to herself.

"Son..."she whispered,turning her head back.

But instead of meeting emerald eyes,she met cold red ones.

Shadow.

Her own eyes widened before she tried to squirm free.She heard a chuckle before he forcefully pulled her closer to him.Amy tensed,her jaw clenching.

"Let me go,"she said calmly.

He breathed on her neck,"Why?I'm just having a little fun."

Amy squeezed her eyes shut,"Why now?Years ago you were so emotionless and most likely hated my guts.What gives?"

"People change.You should know,you don't chase Faker around anymore,"he pointed out.

"I've matured."

"So have I."

Amy of course didn't believe him and tried to get free from his grasp.However he was much stronger than her and instead of getting free,Shadow lifted her up almost over his head.Squealing,she tried moving around faster.He started to laugh,tightening his grip.Amy didn't know what to feel at the moment,and all she wanted to do was get down.

"Shadow!Let me go!"she shouted,kicking.

More laughing rang in her ears.With eyes squeezed shut,the feeling of air flew through her fur.As if,Shadow had completely disappeared.Before she could think why,water swallowed her up.Amy gasped for breath,her vision blurry.Scurrying to the surface,she inhaled sharply.She coughed out the water as her throat and nose began to burn.

"Shadow?"she wheezed.

The black hedgehog came to mind.However as she looked around,all she saw was water and more water.Amy began to worry slightly.

"Shadow this isn't funny!"she called out.

Nothing.Only the sound of the soft waves.Panicking,she swam around in a circle.Tears formed in her eyes before she tensed majorly.Something slipped around her ankle and clenched it tightly.Like a hand.She screamed and tried kicking whatever attached itself to her ankle off.It did no good.However instead of coming off,it yanked her down.Before she knew it,water had engulfed her a second time.

Once she was underwater,whatever was on her ankle finally released.She looked down to see two figures tussling and fighting each other.Amy didn't hesitate before swimming toward the two and finding out what or who the figures was.Due to the lack of vision,all she could see a blur of blue and a smudge of black.Amy panicked and got closer.She attached herself to one of the figures in hopes off pulling it off the other.

Amy struggled but she felt as if she wasn't doing much.She pulled as hard as she could before she felt herself being flipped.The water ran up her nose,sending burning sensations throughout her nose and head.Just as she released herself,Amy had taken a blow to the head.Something slammed against her forehead with much force.
Her mouth opened and water filled it up.

Darkness and nausea swirled around her,her vision worse than before.Everything seemed to stop,the beat of her heart pounding in her ears.The lids of her eyes fell,and all she could feel was the numbing of her body.

And the darkness took over.