Chapter 4-Visitors?

"Ah-hah!"yelled the excited echidna.

Knuckles smashed boulders with his namesakes proudly before turning to the blue hedgehog.

"Ha!Try to do that Sonic!"he snickered.

Sonic rolled his eyes before using his fists to break down boulders.Even if it took a little bit longer,he surely did it.Before Knuckles could challenge him to something else,a voice grabbed their attention.

"Hey boys!"

Sonic and Knuckles looked up and squinted to see a very familiar white bat floating in air with two suitcases.Sunglasses shielded her eyes as she soared down to the sand.She landed with soft squish due to the sand.

"Rouge!?"both of the boys gawked.

She pulled down her shades and examined the two.A sly smile took over her face as she took off her sunglasses and folded them.

"My my,have you two changed,"Rouge smiled,slightly astonished.

Sonic blinked,"We could say the same for you."

It was true,her whole old attire had changed.

"Ya,as I got older I decided to change my look to make me look more grown up,"she said,pleased of her look.

"What are you doing here?"Knuckles asked,scanning her.

Her smile widened as she clapped her hands together happily.

"Ah Knux,have you been working out?"Rouge purred,eyeing his larger arms and chest.

A proud look took over his features.However before he could reply,Sonic took over the conversation.

"What are you doing here anyway Rouge?"he asked.

Angered that he interrupted her flattering conversation with Knuckles,she crossed her arms and closed both eyes.

"Shadow and I are taking a Vacation and this island seems to be perfect.Plus,Shadow knew you would be here,"she said the last part with a smirk.

Sonic's mouth fell open,"Shadow?"

Giggling,Rouge put a hand over her mouth,"The one and only.He should be here soon,he decided to take a boat here.I swear he's getting lazier and lazier everyday."

"Sonic,Knuckles,what's going on?"

Their attention averted to the pink hedgehog that just came back from the market place.She looked at the boys curiously before her eyes landed on Rouge.

"Rouge?What are you doing here?"she asked,baffled.

"Like I just said,here for a vacation with Shadow.Working for the G.U.N is hard work so we were rewarded with vacation.So we're spending it here,"she explained.

Amy's eyes budged slightly,"Shadow?Shadow the hedgehog?"

Once again their attention on each other changed and it was now on the loud humming of a boat that was speeding it's way toward the shore
Both Knuckles and Sonic backed up as Rouge flew back a few feet.Amy looked up to see the boat right in front of her,nearly touching her nose.Its shadow casted down on her before she backed up to get a better view.

The hedgehog that they had been talking about just a few minutes earlier loomed over her with a smirk on his face.

"The one and only,"he winked.

Amy couldn't believe her eyes.Shadow the hedgehog was back.Sonic pulled Amy back and looked up at him with a glare.

"Faker,"he spat.

Shadow rolled his eyes and jumped out of the boat with Rouge flying at his side.

"Right back at cha,"he sneered.

Rouge locked her arm with his and patted his back.

"Calm down sweetie,don't start a fight we just got here,"she cooed.

Shadow ignored her and kept his eyes on Sonic.

"I came here to challenge you,"he said emotionlessly.

Rouge pulled her arm away and arched an eyebrow.

"We came here for vacation,"she argued.

Shadow chuckled,"You mean you came for vacation?"

Rouge scowled and crossed her arms.

"You are so unreasonable you know that?We came here for vacation!"she snapped.

Once again Shadow ignored her and charged at Sonic.Rouge,outraged,waited with hands on hips.Sonic went into action quickly.He zipped around Shadow while Amy ran towards the two.Knuckles cracked his namesakes just as Tails arrived at the scene.

"Stop guys!No need to fight!"Amy helped,running in the middle of them.

Rouge nodded,"She's right,it's probably just going to last all day."

Sonic looked first at Shadow,then Rouge,and then Amy.He sighed deeply before stepping back.

"Fine.Shadow I don't want to fight you,"he said dimly.

Shadow scowled and turned away,"Coward."

Sonic gritted his teeth and tried lunging at him only to be pulled back by Amy.

"Please Sonic,don't,"she whispered.

He looked at her angered but sighed.He put his hands up.

"Alright Shadow,I don't want to fight right now,"he said sternly.

"Fine I see how it is.You don't want to lose in front of your girlfriend,"he spat,rolling his eyes.

Amy blushed but Sonic scowled and was about to lunge at him.However Amy pulled him back.Shadow chuckled and eyed Amy before smirking.

"Ah Amy,you've grown haven't you?"he grinned evilly.

Amy's cheeks lit up due to his wondering eyes and looked away.Sonic kept a stern face and stepped in front of her.

"Now shoo,go enjoy your vacation,"he said,waving him off.

Rouge now stood next to him and nodded,"We will.Now come on Shadow,I heard they have a smoothie bar."

Shadow ignored her,"I'll be around Sonic."

His eyes fell on Amy.He gave her a nasty grin and winked before running off,leaving Rouge in his dust.Literally.She coughed and scowled,watching him disappear.

"Damn Shadow,leaving me here,"Rouge angrily but pouted instead.

She crossed her arms,stuck out her bottom lip,and batted her long eyelashes.Rouge knew what she was trying to do,and it worked.

"Hey uh Rouge,I know where the smoothie bar is.I can take you,"Knuckles said slowly.

She turned to him and clapped her hands together happily.

"Oh you would?Thank you Knuckie,"she smiled flirtatiously.

Knuckles grinned and walked toward the smoothie bar with Rouge right next to him.As the two disappeared,Sonic turned to Amy.

"Be carefully Ames,stay away from Shadow ok?"

Amy nodded with hands behind her back.Sonic nodded back and walked toward his hut.Amy lingered there for a minute before walking off to her own.Neither did the two know that Shadow was watching from the distance.A evil smile took over his face as he watched Amy walk into her hut.

"If I want to get near Sonic and beat his sorry ass,I need to get the girl."