Chapter 3 - Discovery

Bakugo POV

The balloon girl left us but I'm sure she will try to get into UA, and with her luck, she probably will get in.

"Hey, Bakugo," said a voice.

I turned to see my mom, in a bit calmer state than usual. "What is it?" I asked with a sneering voice.

"Did you ask for your next meetup?" she asked. I stood silent. "God DAMNIT! Izuku is probably the only person in this universe to deal with your attitude! Go call him now!" she yelled and threw my phone at me.

I grumbled and typed some numbers.

One unanswered call later.

"That idiot doesn't pick up," I said a bit too loud. "Why do you think idiot, they're sleeping," mom answered as she walked up the stairs to go to bed.

"Tch, fine I'll go to his house tomorrow morning and ask..." I said as I got up from the couch and headed for bed.

The next day

I woke up and got myself ready for school, I picked up my phone and my bag and headed outside.

"Don't forget to call me to tell me! DON'T YOU DARE!" mom yelled as I closed the door.

"Tch, you better be ready at the door nerd," I mumbled to myself.

I walked down the street towards Izuku's house. He lived in a small 2-story house, which was pretty secluded compared to the rest of the street. Well, it became even smaller after his good-for-nothing father left his mom.

"Now then, NERD YOU BETTER BE- out... here..." I stared at his house.

Mitsuki POV

God, can't he do anything right? For the one time that Izuku forgets to make the meetup, he completely forgets about it.

At least he better call me back for the timing, or he won't survive to dinner.

*VMMM* *VMMM*

My phone was ringing, at least he remembered to call me.

"Alright, what's the timing, DON'T YOU DARE MAKE IT UNNECESSARY," I preemptively said.

His next words shook me to the very core

"M-Mom-m?"

Katsuki never called me mom since he was a child, or he was trying to piss me off. That voice was the voice of a child who saw a horrifying scene.

"M-mom, are you... there?" I jolted back onto the phone as I was too shocked to realize the current situation.

"What happened?"

"I-It's Izu-uku's house... there's a b-big hole in it, and I can't f-find anyone..." he said with fear in his voice.

"Wait there, I'm coming!" I yelled. I put on some shoes and ran to the car. I drove as fast as I could to Inko's house.

When I arrived I couldn't believe what I saw.

The house was a wreck, there was a massive hole in the front as if a wrecking ball went through it. I stepped inside the rubble to see Katsuki crying in it.

I step a bit closer and see an empty set of clothes, 'no..' I thought to myself

Inko, my best friend since high school, and a person strong-willed enough to raise a child even if her husband left. Gone.

"I'm calling the police"

30 minutes later, the police cars arrived. "Greetings, my name is Tsukauchi Naomasa, police investigator and head of information in the police force. I apologize that I don't know your connection to the victims, but I have to ask, what happened here?" asked the detective.

"I'm not sure of the details, but my son was coming here to confirm a meet-up with the child of this house. When he arrived, he found it like this and called me, then when I came, I called the police" I responded, the detective scribbled something and then spoke up again.

"Alright ma'am, you should know that my quirk tells me if a person is lying or not" I flinched slightly. "What you were saying was the truth, therefore I believe I can trust you to fill me in on the details," he said. I nodded in relief.

"Do you know the victims of this incident?" the detective asked.

"Yes, the house resided the Midoriya family, I knew them personally," the detective scribbled something down and then signaled me to continue.

"2 people were living here, a mother, called Inko Midoriya and her son Izuku Midoriya. The father, Hisashi Midoriya, Left when Inko was pregnant to another continent, so he lost all custody of the child." I said.

"Good, good, now can you tell me why you think this was done?" asked the detective.

"I don't know, they didn't involve themselves in anything dangerous as far as I know," I responded.

"Everything you said was true, thank you for your cooperation," said the detective.