Chapter 11

Disclaimer I don't own Warhammer 40k. Warhammer 40k belongs to Games Workshop.

''Well, That is just unfair.'' The giant spiked behemoth stood inf front of the defending line. The giant chainsword on his left side began to roar to life and it began to walk forward.

In that moment I noticed that not just me but everyone seemed to be frozen in shock. That was bad if we would be able to stop this thing then we would lose. That couldn't happen.

I gave myself a kick and began to hammer with the hilt of my sword on the top of the tank turret. ''What the fracking fuck are you doing!? You have guns so fracking use them and shoot! Or I will rip your heads of myself!''

That at least seemed to pull them out of their shocked state. Immediately after I had finished my let's call it ''motivation speech'' everyone began to shoot like there was no tomorrow. And hell, maybe there wasn't a tomorrow. But who gives a fuck.

Sadly even with our efforts to stop it the knight had made it close enough to the second Baneblade. It lifted it's chainswoard and crashed it down on the tank. The metal teeth grinded into the top and sparks flew everywhere. Luckily my tank was unharmed.

As soon as the knight wade himself ready for the final swing the turret turned around as fast as possible. The gunner elevated the main gun to the maximum and fired.

The projectile left the barrel and hit the left side of the knight. Right under the arm. The explosion tore the thing of and made the metal abomination stumble back. But it still wasn't done.

The monster lifted it's foot and then brought it down with a mighty stomp, crushing one of our heavy bolter teams in the process.

This wasn't going as planed because of the knight the other cultists were able to come closer. One thing was clear that thing had to die. Now.

I kept banging onto the turret. ''Shoot it shoot it now or we are fucked!'' And luckily the tank responded. The second shot hit the thing in the face and sent it again stumbling back again. And finally it fell on a bunch of cultists behind it.

''Commissar!'' I looked to the side spotting a guardsmen officer. ''They are too many we have to fall back and regroup at the palace.''

Now that was bad. Either fall back and give them ground and maybe die at the palace, or don't fall back and probably die here.

But the man was right. The post was lost. With a grimace I grabbed the vox that was installed in the turret and began to vox the PDF commander.

''Listen we have to fall back to the palace. I want you to use every mortar, rocked and artillery you have and rain hell on the heretics as soon I have given the command. Got it?''

The response came immediately with a clear ''Understood!''

I raised my sword and gave the command to retreat. The retreat was slow but clean and coordinated. My Baneblade and what was left of the other poured a steady stream of fire into the cultists.

Finally after some time I reached for the vox. ''Give them hell commander.'' Behind us a massive volley of explosions could be heard. When I looked up I saw the tracers of shells and rockets. A second later all of them crashed into the mass of flesh in front of us.

As soon as they hit the mass the cultists were obliterated in a storm of shrapnel and fire. Some of the soldiers cheered at the sight, but not me.

The appearance of the Knight had made me more weary of the situation. I remembered Murphy's law. If a Chaos Knight can appear on the battlefield then what else.

Cold sweat began to appear on my forehead as I remembered what other things were in the arsenal of Khorne. What would come next?

But that had to wait for later. Now I had to concentrate on what was in front of me. Finally we had reached the palace. All over the park surrounding the park were entrenchments and fortifications. Men stood in trenches behind barbed wire and tank obstacles.

The Baneblades rolled up a small path taking position in dug out firing positions. I got out of the turret, Lecter following me on foot. I had turned in the direction of the palace entrance which was heavily fortified.

The soldiers that were guarding it stood at attention when I passed and I gave a small salute in return. As soon as I set a foot in the entrance hall I was greeted by the commander.

''Commissar Steger I must say that I am happy to see you here.'' He said and reached out to give me a handshake. I gripped his hand in a strong grip that actually made him wince a bit.

''It is good to see you too commander how is the situation?'' At that his face formed a dimm expression.

''It would be better if you would see it for yourself.'' With that he showed me the way to a set of stairs that led upwards. After we had climed to the top he led me into a room that once had been a bedroom but now it was utter chaos in it. Soldiers on voxchasters were franticly giving orders to whoever was on the receiving end and other soldiers were looking at several maps of the city.

But that wasn't the commanders priority he led me through the mess that this makeshift command center was to a balcony that overlooked the city.

The sight wasn't a good one.

The city around us was covered in fire and smoke. All around us were buildings covered in flames or collapsed. And then there was that sound. It was like a twisted choir of thousands upon thousands of unholy throats.

The moment was interrupted by one of the vox operators. ''Sirs we have a problem!''

Both the commander and myself turned around facing the man. ''What happened!'' Barked the commander.

''We have a situation in the bunker!''

Those words sent a cold shiver down my back. Within a step I was in front of the man. I grabbed him by the collar of his uniform and began to shake him.

''What do you mean with we have a situation in the bunker!?''

The man tried to answer me but before he could say something he was cut off by another soldier.

''Sir we got a message from the transport ship that brought the guardsmen here. It is urgent.''

Growling I let go of the soldier in front of me and took the vox. ''What!?'' I screamed in the receiver.

The voice of a hectic man answered. ''Here is captain Aresus of the Emperor's Sight. You have to make yourself ready they are on their way to you we can' hold the off you have-'' Then the line went silent.

I stared at the voxcaster then tried to call them. ''Hello?'' No answer. ''Commissar Steger to captain Aresus do you hear me?'' Silence. I wanted to try again but suddenly I heard a sound that didn't fit into the whole situation.

I looked around in hope to localize the seemed to come from outside. I stepped on the balcony and scanned the surrounding area but I couldn't see anything. But still the sound grew slowly louder.

Suddenly the commander next to me gave a strained gurgling sound. I looked at him and saw him pointing at something far away. I looked where he was pointing but couldn't see a thing. Then I noticed that his finger was sightly pointing upwards. I corrected my view and then I saw what he saw and suddenly that persistent noise made sense. Actually, I was impressed that we could hear them already. But to their credit they seemed to be rather speedy.

''Well.'' I said, ''that is just unfair.''

Looking at the fastly approaching ship I suddenly began to understand how Cain had to fell in situations that seemed like some higher being just wanted to smite you. And I think I knew who that being or rather beings were.

I knew it.

Fuck you Gork and fuck you Mork.

''WHAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH''

Well ladies and gentlemen,

that was my eleventh chapter of ''Stuck in Warhammer'' I hope you liked it, and again if you found any mistakes please point them out and I will see if and how I can correct them in future chapters. Till next time.