Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Warhammer 40k. Warhammer 40k belongs to Games Workshop

The moment I came out of the portal I braced myself mentally to see the worst I could imagine. From a Necron tomb to an Eldar craftworld I didn't want to be surprised. This was the millennium after all. I once watched a video about bad jobs in the 40k millennium, and they literally said that you should imagine the worst job. Because in a universe where you could be chosen to refuel the warp drive of a spaceship, which would slowly and probably painfully decompose you there must be a job or fate so terrible beyond your imagination.

But instead of landing on a battlefield or in front of an army of orcs I found myself inside a storage room. I looked around and came to the conclusion that this must be a weaponry because I saw crates full of lasguns, grenades and ammunition.

But then I smelled something horrible. A metal like smell came from my left behind a large box. When I saw the cause of the smell I jumped back and nearly vomited. There was a corpse. From the look it seemed to be a guardsman from the Cadian Guardsmen Regiment. A knife in his chest and his throat was cut open.

Suddenly I heard sounds coming from the shortage room door. I slowly sneaked to the door and opened it just enough for me to look outside. What I saw was horrifying.

Chaos cultists were everywhere they all had that god dammed symbol of chaos painted on their clothes. They must have overrun this base and killed or captured everyone.

I quickly closed the door and began to think. If they would find me they would certainly kill me and only when I was lucky. But then I had an idea.

I looked like a daemon so I could disguise myself and then maybe would be able to escape.

With that plan in mind i slowly went to the dead guardsmen. I looked at him silently. I wondered if the man had a family or friends. People who never would see him again. I sent a quick prayer to the emperor in hope that he had died quickly and without pain. Then I went to work.

I took of my coat and used the dead guardsmen's blood to paint the chaos symbol on the backside of it. After that I used some more blood and smeared it on my clothes.

When I was done, I looked like a serial killer drenched in the blood of my victims. I went back to the door and opened it. I tried to use my craziest expression and began to search for the exit.

Some cultists looked at me curious but i tried to ignore them. Then I suddenly heard something very interesting.

"Have you seen those prisoners? We will break them like sticks and give their blood and skulls our glorious gods."

"Prisoners?" I thought. If there would be any prisoners here than they would be probably soldiers who might even be able to fight. In the end they would be a very good distraction. Maybe we could fight our way through. Back to imperial lines even.

"Hey you!" I shouted to them. "Where are those prisoners?"

The two cultists looked at me first surprised and them sneered. "Why do you ask? And who are you some kind of daemon bastard?"

"I am the one who will rip your flesh of your bones and cook your alive if you don't answer my question." I answered him calmly. That however seemed to leave an impression.

"They are in the cells behind you." He said a bit intimidated and pointed with his finger behind me.

I followed his finger and saw a big square building right behind the armory. "Now look at that maybe the emperor is helping me here." I thought grinning. I quickly went to the complex and opened the door. The look that greeted me inside wasn't great. About 50 soldiers were held in the cells. All of them had injuries but looked capable to fight. But there was a problem in front of the cells was a guard. ''Ok one problem to take care of. You can do that Eric.'' I reassured myself mentally and went slowly to the guard. With a quick motion I drew my sword and rammed the blade in the lunatic's throat. With a bloody gurgle the man collapsed dead. The interesting part was that I didn't felt anything no remorse or other feelings because of the kill. ''Must be a daemon thing.'' I muttered.

After that I turned my gaze at the soldiers. They stared at me surprised. ''Well, ladies and gentlemen look like it is time for a little escape.'' I said smiling. They just kept staring at me. A bit annoyed I said. ''Alright guys I know it must be disturbing for you to see a daemon in a commissar uniform murdering your guard but hey! Would you rather die a very cruel death by torture or do you want to go down guns blazing and with a lor of dead heretics by your feet? You are imperial guardsman after all so stand up and fight for emperor's sake!'' I roared. And finally, i got a reaction from them, standing up one said. ''But we don't have any weapons. And we are still in this cell'' ''Pah, don't worry about that.'' I said and activated my power sword. A blue forcefield began to spread over the blade and with one swing I sliced the door open. ''See no cell but also don't worry about weapons because...'' With that went to the wall connecting the cells with the armory and sliced in Qui Gon Jinn stile a hole in the wall. ''It seems like they forget that there is a door to the armory.'' I said grinning.

After that the soldiers armed themselves to the teeth with grenades, knives and lasguns. Alright guardsmen do anyone of you know where we could find some vehicles?'' I asked them. ''I do!'' Said one of them a man built like a Catachan. ''About 100 m from here in the garage there should be some tanks here so enough to get us out of here. But what in the emperor's name are you some kind of traitor daemon?'' He asked skeptically. I barked a laugh. ''Ha! Deamon, you say, I am commissar Eric Steger I was in the warp guardsman. My body may have been corrupted but my mind burns in fate for the emperor of mankind!'' I roared while inside hoping that they would buy that story.

Luckily, they did. They nodded in agreement. "Alright, commissar the 342 Cadian regiment is under your command Sir!" Shouted another man he was as tall as I was but he had ginger hair and like all Cadian's purplish eyes. " I am senior officer Hadrian Bratar at your service commissar!" He said and saluted.

"Alright men our objective is to break out, steal some vehicles and then reunite with the remaining forces. Is that clear soldiers!?" I shouted and received a loud end determined "YES SIR!" "Dam right! Now let's send those emperor forsaken warrpfuckers back where they came from!"

All in all, it hadn't been such a bad day for Rial Catchan. They a had captured this post and claimed it for the chaos gods, he also was able to get some girls while raiding some village. But his day had gotten a bit less great when that dammed daemon commissar threatened him but had can happen. He just wanted to go to the armory to get one of those nice lasguns but before he could reach for the door it was blasted open from the inside. And finally, the last thing he saw was that dammed commissar pointing a boltpistol in his direction.

Now I really must say that I am certain that we must had presented a very intimidating view. A commissar who looked like he came out of the Warp (what in the end was right of course) and at least 50 Cadian soldiers bruised and beaten but not broken.

Our group stormed like an unstoppable bulldozer through the very much surprised chaos forces to the warehouse where we hoped to find at least a capable chimera. As we reached the gate to the warehouse, we didn't spent time opening it. We blew it open with a well-placed rocked. But the Leman Russ tanks, Chimeras or Salamanders we hoped to find inside weren't there. No what we found something even better.

Two Baneblade tanks. In other words, the wet dream of every tank driver. "Come on and move your asses! We don't want to stay here longer than necessery"

We quickly boarded the tanks which were to our happiness well stocked with ammunition. And with an ear deafening roar the two mighty tanks came to life. "Let's go guardsmen for emperor and mankind! "

So this was now the second chapter. Looks like our daemon commissar has found some allies. I hope you liked it if you have idears how I could improve my story please leave a review.