Chapter 9

Disclaimer I don't own Warhammer 40k. Warhammer 40k belongs to Games Workshop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shit. One word that could give description to so many things. *Sigh* What a wonderful word.

And also the state of the current situation. Apparently, the command center was hit by a rocked fired by the cultists. How they got their bloody hands on one you may ask? Hell, if I know, and I didn't care for it. What I cared about though was that those suckers had managed to overrun our first line of defense and were now slowly pushing through the streets. Slowly yes, but steady.

And just take a guess who had to take the lead now? Yep, me. Hooray!

Did I mention that life sucks? Well, it does greatly.

But then I got an idea. Well, it wasn't really ''my'' idea but who gives a frack.

''Joren!'' I shouted. The man turned his head so fast that I was impressed that he hadn't gotten a whiplash.

''Yes commissar?''

''Find out what part of the commanding staff is still alive and get them here. NOW!'' With that he scrambled away to fulfil my request. ''What an eager little soldier'' I thought, then signet. ''Let's just hope that everyone who knew about my 'condition' was in the command center. Well, if anyone is left then I am sure to find a way to blame them for some heresy ore cowardness I just have to be creative.''

Suddenly I felt a soft bump at my leg. When I looked down, I saw the dog looking up to me tilting his head. I grinned and knelt down petting his head. ''Don't worry little guy I have a plan.''

Shortly after that Joren arrived with what he thought to be the remaining ''Command staff''. It was the quartermaster a Cadian sergeant a PDF commander an arbiter and funnily the chief planetary governor. We stood around a map that war laid out of some ammo crates I cleared my throat.

''Well gentlemen I know our situation may look a bit and I say a BIT shitty butt maybe we can salvage this whole frack. An-''

''And how are we supposed to do that we are surrounded and the general and his whole staff except us is dead!'' The chief governor screamed in my face interrupting me in the process. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. ''Don't shoot him Eric he isn't worth it'' I repeated again and again in my head.

''I was getting to that, however to the plan. Are you familiar with the battle of hive Helsreach during the third war of Armageddon?'' I asked. The quartermaster and the sergeant seemed to understand.

''You mean the second Armageddon war right there were only two.'' Said the sergeant.

I paused, right the whole Angron Grey Knights and Spacewolves was super-secret. ''Right, right my mistake sorry of course. But you get what I mean.''

The two Cadians nodded. ''Look'' I said while pointing at several spots on the map. ''These are the highest buildings in the city and the most important bridges and roads. If we plant explosives there and let them collapse while retreating, we can slow them down and thin them out while leading them right in our fire. Provided if we have enough explosives?'' I asked the quartermaster.

''We have enough explosives for that but we would need time placing them.'' the man answered.

I nodded then directed my gaze at the sergeant and PDF commander. ''Can you give them time man?''

He nodded. ''We will buy you as much time as we can.'' But the regiment is low on men.

''I and my men will support you.'' Said the commander.

''Good, good. But what about the civilians and those who are to wounded to fight? ''I asked.

''I think I can help with that.'' said the vice governor and pointed at a building on the map right in the middle of our zone. ''That is the old Government palace it has high walls and a bunker big enough to hold the civilians.''

''I will take the task of directing them there and take care of eventual infiltrators then.'' said the Arbiter.

''Good idea I said the last thing we need is someone falling us in the back.'' I agreed.

With that we went to work. Joren wanted to go to but I grabbed his arm. ''Listen Joren I have a very important task for you and you have to swear by the God Emperor of mankind that you will fulfill it.''

He swallowed but nodded. ''What is it sir?''

''I want you to get to the quartermaster and tell him to discreetly place explosives in the palace especially in the bunker where the civilians are.'' I said deadly serious.

Joren on the other hand went deadly pale. ''What.'' He whispered.

''Listen Joren we won't be able to hold this city. Sooner or later, they will break through and get to the civilians and then may the emperor have mercy with them because the cultists and daemons will not. I want you as soon as the explosives are planted to get down there and as soon as we are overrun and the cultists are knocking at the bunker door to detonate them.''

''But sir-'' he whimpered.

''No buts! You have seen what they are and what they do trust me you are giving the civilians the mercy of a quick and painless death.'' I whispered seriously grabbing him at his collar looking him right into his eyes. Finally, he nodded.

''Allright commissar I-I will do it I swear by the Emperor.'' He was close to crying by now. I patted him on the shoulder nodding grimly.

''Good man Joren good man.'' I muttered. And with that we parted.

I looked around and found a small alleyway hidden from view. Quickly I hid myself from view and finally fell down on my knees taking deep breath while trying not to hyperventilate.

''Shit fuck shit fucking shit! Why me, of all people why me!? Why here and why now'' I sobbed.

I was brought out of my misery by a bet thing lapping over my face. I looked up and stared into the eyes of that dog. ''Hey buddy you scared to huh?'' I chuckled miserably the dog tilted his head, barked and then pulled at my sleeve helping me up.

Slowly I regained my posture and calmed down. ''You rea right bud there is no time standing here. You know what I think you need a name. Can't keep calling you dog after all.'' I closed my eyes and pondered about a name. After some moments I finally had it. ''What about Lecter?'' The dog barked approvingly and jumped up at me to lick my face.

''Well Lecter it is.'' I laughed glad to have found a friend in this world who wasn't an over religious fanatic. I turned around and marched out of the alleyway Lecter hot on my heals.

It was time to get shit done.

Well ladies and gentlemen,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that was my ninth chapter of ''Stuck in Warhammer'' I hope you liked it, and again if you found any mistakes please point them out and I will see if and how I can correct them in future chapters. I am also sorry that this took me so long.