Chapter 6

Disclaimer I don't own Warhammer 40K it belongs to Games Workshop

Have you ever seen a movie about World War one? Yes? Well then you must be familiar with said scene. Men searching for cover while artillery is bombarding the position left end right. The air is filled with dust smoke and from time-to-time even blood when a poor soul hit by shrapnel's is torn apart.

It was just like that and I was right in the middle. But how was I doing you may ask. Well, let's just say that my mental state was questionable a bit like between ''Asshole drill Sargent from full metal jacket'' and a man who is close before a breakdown.

I kept running through the trench wile screaming at the soldiers to get back on their feet and to be ready. In that time, I actually managed it to fulfill one of the most important aspects of being a commissar. Make the soldiers fear you more than the enemy. After all being covered in mud and some blood and with that gas mask on my face, I must have given a very intimidating sight. At least the soldiers were doing what I told them.

''Commissar, wait please!'' I stopped and looked back to see Joren and the dog behind me. ''Sir what is going on?'' He shouted slowly losing his composure. ''They are making themselves ready Joren that is what's going on!'' I shouted over the explosions. ''As soon as the artillery stops bombarding, they will storm our lines with everything they have!''

Joren began to pale and even the dog began to whimper in fright. But that because of an unknown reason began to piss me off. I slapped Joren in the face so that he fell in the dirt. ''Get your shit together for fucks sake!'' I screamed at him. Now that I think about it, I probably acted because first I had a lot of adrenalin in my body and second reason was because I was scared shittles.

I wasn't a soldier, I never was in a situation like this the fact alone that I was able to stand and move even more to keep my act together was in the end and very impressive thing. I composed myself and garbed the next soldier I could find. ''Where is the next Vox caster? Hurry now we don't have much time.''

General Forkester stood at the command table with his staff coordinating the defense. Until suddenly one of the vox casts began to screech. ''Hello, hello, test, test is that thing on? Oh, it is alright where was I?'' Forkester raised an eyebrow the voice was muffled like the user wore a mask of some sort. The connection was also not that good and you could hear loud explosions in the background. But even with all that Forkester recognized the voice ''commissar'' Steger.

''Steger what is going on out there? I can hear the explosions so give me a fracking report!'' There was a short silence after that, but then Steger's voice exploded out of the vox caster. ''I can fucking tell you what is going on! Those fucking chaos shmocks are dumping probably their full arsenal on our fucking heads! And you and I know that as soon as it stops, they are going to send everything they have at us!'' Forkester of course knew this. This was after all the reason why Kerzer was in the first defensive line in the first place. It was a win win situation, if he and the soldiers would push back the attacks then they would have gotten more time. And if they didn't? Well, if that was the case then Forkester wouldn't have to worry about the mutated commissar anymore.

''Just hold out as long as you can, I will send you reinforcements, understood?''...nothing'' Steger? Are you there?'' He still heard nothing. Wait a minute. Forkester paused not only was the commissar not responding but also the only thing that he could hear were the sounds of the command staff around him. The artillery had stopped. ''We will hold them of as long as possible. But hurry ore we might be overrun.'' Steger stated and cut the connection.

Forkester turned around and looked at his staff. ''You heard what he said let's get him some support, now!

After the connection was cut, I stood up and looked around in the trench. Luckily the barrage wasn't that precise and we only lost some soldiers. ''Mes of the imperium be ready for what is to come. They will charge on us in mass but we will give them not an inch. If blood and death is what they desire then we will give them blood and death. And always remember don't fear them, fear me.''

And then came the sound. It was like thousands of voices driven mad by the corruption and bloodlust. Now I was able to see them. They were wearing ripped cloths some had armor and some weren't wearing anything at all. But all of them had the symbol of chaos on them. Their weapons were rather crude I could see some auto guns and even soma lasguns but the majority of them only had melee weapons like self-made axes or knives. All in all, just like the models and art work from my word with the only difference that they were real and made not from plastic but out of blood, flesh and madness. Quickly the soldiers went to their positions and reddied their lasguns. ''For the Emperor of mankind show them what we are made of FIRE.'' A massive wall made of laser, bullets and even plasma crashed inside the first line and tore them into shreds. But were ever a cultist died another was just so eager to take his place.

But the horrifying thing wasn't the cultists getting turned into mincemeat. No, the horrifying thing were the tall red horned beings I could see in the masses. Bloodletters half a dozzen of bloodletters.

Shit was getting verry real and painful.

But the horrifying thing wasn't the cultists getting turned into mincemeat. No, the horrifying thing were the tall red horned beings I could see in the masses. Bloodletters half a dozen of bloodletters.

I turned around and saw what I was looking for a soldier with a plasma gun. ''You! Concentrate your fire at those daemons, now!'' The man nodded and aimed his weapon and fired. The ball of super-heated plasma shot through the air and actually managed to hit one of the daemons in the chest and ripped a good half of it into pieces. But that wasn't enough the daemon actually managed it to get back up. And for whatever reason that bloody bastard with good and organs hanging from his burned chest looked straight at me. I could practically feel his gaze burning inside my eyes. And the message was clear. I will fucking kill you.

I took a deep breath and looked again at it and the horde of lunatics and soke four simple words. ''Well, bring it on.''. And bloody hell. They. Did.

Well ladies and gentlemen,

that was my sixth chapter of ''Stuck in Warhammer'' I hope you liked it, and again if you found any mistakes please point them out and I will see if and how I can correct them.

Farewell Dealer Van Wolfenstein