CHAPTER 5

Evening, 5:35 pm.

Few weeks passed away when Mahir and I hardly talk with each other. We simply give smile whenever we passed by. Since, when I sent him that last message, I feel so embarrassed to go by myself and talk to him.
One day left for the fresher's party and Anii already given up at convincing me. But she did everything possible to get me on board. She gets my father involved and my dad being a good team player, he brings fresher's party topic everytime we see each other. It's been 35 minutes since I been waiting in a parking area for Anii. She told me to wait so we can go together to pick up her party dress. I was playing game in my phone to pass the time.

"Hey." a voice interrupted my game. I'm so familiar with his voice by now that my body react itself to it. I look behind nervously just to be faced with Mahir. I got panicked, I am not at all prepared to face him right now. I don't know what to talk with him after that awkward message I sent him last. The situation is more awkward because he hasn't replied to my text. He came near me, "What you doing alone?" he asked.
"Waiting for Anii?" I replied.
"Going somewhere?" he came in front of me.
"Yep! To pick up her party dress." I said. 

Awkward silence.

"So, you still not coming?" he breaks the silence first.
"I was thinking to come actually." I replied low. He looked shock with frown eyebrows.
"Who is your partner?" he asked in disappointment. There is an accusation in his tone. As if I am about to do something wrong.
"No one. I my just coming for free food and brewages." I laughs. He somewhat seems relived by my answer.
"You won't feel awkward? Since you're going to be only one without partner." He asked in confusion as he put his hands in his pockets.
"Not at all. Who cares about other unless I'm enjoying my own company." I fakedly be bold.

"You can consider me your option." he smiles as rubs back of his neck. I was surprised to know that he is still considering me for the party. I thought he don't want to see my face after I came out as a desperate.
"What about your deal?" I asked to avoid getting embarrassed.
"I never had one. So that is not a problem." he still trying to maintain a calm smile. His little confession made me so nervous that I don't know what to say next. Thank god! Anii come on time to save me from further awkward conversation.

"Hey! What you guys taking about?" she asked.
"Nothing. Should we go? We are already late." I said in annoyed tone. I start my scooty and Anii sit at the back. We were about to took off when Mahir words starleted me.
"Should I buy you a dress? Or you will do it?" My cheeks did heat up on his comment but I haven't said anything and just ride off. Trying to stay calm as possible.

"What dress he was taking about?" Anii asked in confusion.
"I don't know." I lied.

***

Evening , 6:30 pm.