CHAPTER 3

// Flashback : 2 years ago//

3rd semester = 2nd year of college.

Biggest disadvantage of being a diploma student is to make friends in graduation college. Thank God! I have Anii. I was waiting for her in a parking lot so that we can go together at my first day of college so I doesn't feel left out. 

I was in parking lot of our college, sitting on my scooty. The college look beautiful from the distance. The college architecture is based on vintage times. Giving it the look of royals when British used to rule us. The building is separated by two wings. Wing-A is for principles office, administrative office, library, auditorium, conference room canteen and computer science branch from 1st year to final year. Whereas, wing-B is full of classes and practical labs for ETC, EE and ME branches from 2nd to final year. There is a huge lawn in front of the building for sports or to held events. I am a part of wing-B which sounds boring because it has no fun element like it has in wing-A

I know Anii from my childhood. My dad works in his dad 's company as a production manager from a very long time. My mom passed away when I was 6. Her health drastically got worst when I lost her. Dad can't leave me alone in house as I was too young and we don't have any other person at home. I have a older brother though, but he was in boarding school ever since. So, he used to take me with him to his office. I used to sit in his cabin for hours and use to do my homework and drawing or simply play games on his computer over the compaines free Wi-fi. 

Mr. Manhotra saw me one day when he was going to his cabin. Mr. Manhotra is a businessman turn politician. But he mostly focusses on his business. His company deals with the production of books and magazines. Maybe which is why I'm found of books so much. Since I was around books all my childhood, I didn't realize that I actually wants to be a writer at some point of my life and wants to work in Mr. Manhotra's company one day. But when I was in 10th, practicality hit me so hard that I decided to do engineering. I was drawing some cartoon characters in my sketch book. Dad was not around. He was on his usual product inspection round. He has examination to do before final product release. Mr. Manhotra curiously took a chair and sit next to me.

"Hey, what's your name? and what you drawing?" Mr. Manhotra asked.
"My name is Viyona Amrpali. I'm making a painting of me and a dog playing in the park." I replied as I concentrate on coloring the dog with a weird shade of brown rather than the man sitting next to me. 
"You like dogs? I have one, would you like to play with him?" He smiles.
"I would love to." I finally looked up at him and said in an excitement. Mr. Manhotra smile wide as he saw me happy.
"Where is your dad, beta?" he asked me.
"He has some work to do. He works too hard, he didn't get any time off to play with me. He is always stay busy on weekend also." suddenly I feel sad. Mr. Manhotra look concern as I said in a sad voice while I paint my dog again. He stands from his chair and came to me.
"Let's go to my house after work. You, your dad and me will have dinner together and you can play with cherry, our dog." He said in a cheerful voice. I nodded in excitement. He patted my head with a smile before leaving.

Later that evening after lots of denying dad finally agree to go to Manhotra house and had dinner with them. It was my first time meeting Ananya and cherry. To be honest I love cherry more than Ananya when we first meet. Then I use to go to Manhotra house often to play with cherry and Anii, she used to come to my place with her grandma. We become close friend soon with the time.