Leaving.

Nathan's POV

~Flashback~

"Nathan, what will happen when we get older?" Katie asked me in a whispered voice as we sat in our treehouse.

"What do you mean? Like when we are adults?" I questioned back, I wonder what made her bring this up considering it was the 4th of July and we just turned thirteen.

"Yeah like when we start dating people and we don't have time for each other. You know, I wouldn't blame you for leaving me though cause you could be doing so many other things right now but here you are sitting and watching stars with me." Katie said looking out in the distance. My mind was racing along with my heart just thinking about me ever leaving Katie. That's not something I could do, I would be repulsed with myself if I ever did that.

"Katie, there is no place I'd rather be right now than here by your side and do you want to know why... it's because I-I lo... you are my best friend and you always will be. And no matter I will always choose you over everyone else." I replied almost telling her my biggest secret that I kept from her. Katie's eyes filled with tears and she looked like she needed a hug so I did exactly that. That night Katie and I stared into the sky not uttering a single word to each other but we spent the whole night cuddling under the fireworks and dazzling stars.

~End Of Flashback~

Did Katie just admit that she loved me? I was completely astonished because after all these years she has loved me and she said it first. I couldn't believe it I swear I always thought that I was going to be the best friend who watched as Katie went on to get married and have kids but maybe she wants that with me like how I want to spend of the rest of my life with her.

"I'm going to go to bed." Katie mumbled and quickly got up from under me and left the room. I went to my own room not to long after, thinking deeply about how I should have told her. I missed the perfect time to tell her. I didn't fall asleep that night which had me looking like crap the next morning but I decided that I was going to go for a run and then talk to Katie, I needed to talk to her. When I got back inside though Katie wasn't anywhere in the house, I was so confused because all the stuff in her room was gone and empty.

"Where's Katie?" I asked her brothers when I came into the kitchen.

"She- Nathan, Katie doesn't want to be here anymore and...um.... she left this morning. I'm sorry but if it makes you feel better she left a note upstairs on your bed side table." Brendan said almost regretfully. I dashed upstairs quickly because I swear I looked everywhere in the house for ay sign of Katie.

Dear Nathan,

I said it and I have been wanting to say that for ages but I was, well me and who could want that. I shouldn't run away from my problems but I can't help it that's all I've ever done. I'm sorry that I ran away but I need to get out of there and I just can't stand to see you when I know you probably think I'm crazy or insane or that I used our friendship just to get close to you. I meant what I said last night and I wish that we could be just friends because life would be a lot simpler but I can't go back in time because to be truthful even when I was a baby I probably had a crush on you and as we got older my feelings just blew out of the water. In junior high we were really, really close and I miss that because that was when life was easier, I loved you then but nobody knew but high school smacked me across the face because every single girl was after you. You were and still are the guy next door, the amazing, sweet and caring guy that every girl wants. Girl's parents adore you and you will probably have an amazing future with a family of your own and by the time that happens I'm 100% sure you'll have forgotten me.

A couple weeks ago when I was at your house, I read your letter to me and I have felt bad ever since. It was, I guess one of the last ones you wrote and I broke down into teas because you revealed what really happened between you and Olivia. I'm sorry for reading it but it was open on you desk and you know how noisy I am. I'm heading home for the rest of the summer and I'm thinking about staying with Trent because I can't face you without guilt overcoming me. I shouldn't have told you my feelings and I should have never come home from England. I'm going to try to get over you because I can't be selfish with you, I need to let you go. You'll be better off without me and I'm sorry that I ever became your best friend. I hope you have an amazing life and the next time you see me might be never.

I'm in love you and always will be but promise me you'll move on and find someone amazing, this is the only promise I want you to keep.

Forever and Always,

Katie

~*~*~*~*

Hey Guys!

So what do you think will happen between Nathan and Katie? Also what about Katie signing her name as Katie not Kat, do you think she's starting to go back to her olf self? Also you guys are amazing becase you made your goal and had Beside You go up to #144 in Teen Fiction which in my opinion is amazing because that is a big accomplishment! Yiou guys are truly awesome!

Goals for this time:

Votes: 35+

Comments: 15+ -comment what you think Nathan should do about Katie leaving...

Next Update: Nathan's POV and what happens after the letter.

Also the song on the side is amazing and one of my favourites! It's also in A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff and is a great movie which sort of reminds me of this chapter but I'm not to sure why!!

Until Next Time!!

bookworm